You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher/Studiolink - Mixing apps bought on Apple App Store and through Affinity

I purchased Photo and Designer a while ago through the Apple App Store and purchased Publisher through the Affinity webstore.  I just was able to download Publisher (congratulations Affinity!) and have found that Studiolink does not "see" my installs of Photo or Designer.  Do the App Store and Affinity Store versions of these applications play nice through Studiolink, or will I have to purchase Photo and Designer again through Affinity to get the Studiolink functionality?

Thanks,

Kirk

I apologize - it looks like this topic has been covered, with the answer being that I need to update the App Store versions to the latest version (1.7.1) of Photo and Designer, which are available now.  The Mods can delete this topic if they would like.

Kirk

Try:

0) Open the App Store and make sure that you do not have updates for AP or AD pending.

1) Restart your Mac.

2) Launch Publisher, Designer and Photo so they are all running.

Then, in Publisher, drag an image onto the page (create a new document if you have not already), select the image and click on the Photo persona button in the upper left corner of the Publisher window.  You should get the Photo tools to edit your image as if you are in Affinity Photo.

The ability to dip in and out of the various personas all within a single application is next level stuff.  Nice work Serif folks.

Kirk

Make sure you have opened and closed a document in both Photo and Designer - that has helped some people.

Other solutions near the bottom of this thread…

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

8 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

Make sure you have opened and closed a document in both Photo and Designer - that has helped some people.

Other solutions near the bottom of this thread…

@Aammppaa - Thank you for linking to the other thread.

kirk

No good. I've shut down and restarted my laptop -- instead of just restarting -- and opened all three apps, opened the same Publisher file in all three in turn, but still no joy. I'm going to read a book and hope it all goes away!

Did you try deleting the .appinfo files in C:\ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release as described in the post linked above?

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

@Petr Stark

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

1 hour ago, Petr Stark said:

Yes. I agree. I deleted both 1.7.1 AppStore versions (AD and AP), installed them again, restart the computer, Studio link still doesn't work. 

Have you run each application at least once?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@BloiseA

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

2 hours ago, BloiseA said:

I have the same problem. and I already pay for Affinity Publisher.

I purchased Photo and Designer a while ago through the Apple App Store and purchased Publisher through the Affinity webstore.

Please check that you have installed the (recently released) 1.7.1 updates of Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer from the Mac App Store and run each of them at least once after updating.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon