You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there an actual human I can speak for in support. My frustration is at a boiling point. I used pageplus X9 and learned it fairly easily. I cannot seem to find a human to talk to. I have been working for over two hours and cannot find how to even insert a single piece of clip art in a project. I know that I need to update since pageplus X9 is no longer supported. 

Sorry i do not understand the language are what to ask for in search engines. Older user

It would not be economically feasible for Serif to offer free phone support for the Affinity products & maintain their remarkably low purchase prices, if that is what you mean.

However, these forums are a great source of help, both from the support staff & other users. For best results, post topics asking about specific issues & give them a title that lets others know what you want help with, for instance "How to insert clip art?" or the like.

There is also a growing number of video tutorials, accessible from the welcome screen, or via language-specific links like https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/publisher/desktop/ for US English.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I was using page plus 9 to design scroll saw projects. It worked well for this purpose and was easy to use. I was wanting something a bit more advanced for more detailed design. I see no reason you can't use it for that purpose.  

Thanks for helpful response. 

I watched a video on creating  greeting cards using Affinity Designer.  That complicated the issue for me.  Can you say how Designer varies from PP9 and Publisher?   I don't really "design" cards I use my wife's art for front and some text and pictures on the back.  I like how Publisher intereacts with Aff Photo.  I've learned some basics in Aff Photo for improving photos of wife's art work

Thanks for sharing. First let me say, you are a designer. You take two pieces of information put them together into something new and unique. No matter how it may be similar it may be to other items it is still uniquely yours. 

Unfortunately, I am not familiar with designer and have just started working with AP so there is learning curve there.  With PP I have found it to be quite good for the level at which I used it for scroll saw patterns. There are some features like being able to select transparent colors in PP that are not in AP. The biggest problem that I have had AP is finding where things are and how they work. 

I do understand the confusion from the videos. Sometimes I think the individuals who are doing these forget that not all of those viewing them are experienced in desktop publishing software. This software has a language/jargon all its own. I want to learn it and use it, however the explanations are so fast and the courser move so quickly cannot follow where they clicked (before anyone gets their backs up, I do understand that I barer a part of personal  responsibility for this difficulty).

What I have done to adapt to this speed thing  is to open the tutorial in the browser, play it when an action is required pause the video then go to the program and complete the action and return to the video for the next step and repeat. I eventually learn the process.

I do not know if this helps any, but it's the best I have for now.

Good Luck

John