gyohng

StudioLink doesn't work (macOS)

22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Are your Mac App Store Designer and Photo installed in the Applications folder? If not can you try moving them ther and running them again. 

That is exactly it! If you want custom folders with your favourite applications, don't move the apps but consider using aliases (drag with Command-Option pressed). Much safer and it avoids automation, linking and updating problems.

-- 
Mark Stoutjesdijk

CLKZ-logo-OB-32.png.98fafb7f7564b4dc900254fd73f18402.png CARELINKZ Healthcare Analytics 

Remember, I am using Windows 10.  All three programs are located in the "Affinity" folder under "Program Files" on my C: drive.

Thanks,

Mike

7 minutes ago, MMetzger said:

Remember, I am using Windows 10.

But ... you’ve posted to a macOS thread! Try here:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Everyone, I reported this problem first yesterday. I was also annoyed but there is a simple fix.  If you bought Designer or Photo from the Mac Store then you need to be aware that the store doesn't immediately update the apps.  There is a seven day update cycle (you can change this frequency with a Terminal command - but still you have to wait a day).  Best solution, and what I did, was to delete the apps and then reinstall from the Mac store. A tiny bit of a hassle but then all will work. 

I am having this issue as well. I purchased Affinity Designer on the mac store and I have recently purchased Affinity Photo and Publisher on the Affinity Serif site (as this way I have the product keys so I can use future beta versions). Affinity photo shows up in the studio link pop-up menu, but It says that I have not purchased Affinity Designer... What do I do? My Affinity Designer application has recently updated to the newest update, version 1.7.1.

Image 6-22-19 at 1.14 AM.jpg

I've found you must first load the new 1.7.1. Designer and Photo, then load Publisher before the linking is updated and live. It makes sense seeing as updated plist files in one's private library user path won't get updated with the new version of 1.7.1 of either Photo or Designer making them invisible to Publisher.

14 hours ago, mdriftmeyer said:

I've found you must first load the new 1.7.1. Designer and Photo, then load Publisher before the linking is updated and live. It makes sense seeing as updated plist files in one's private library user path won't get updated with the new version of 1.7.1 of either Photo or Designer making them invisible to Publisher.

Can you elaborate on that? Which path and plist files are you referring to? In the Library I can only find Crash Reports...

thank you

23 hours ago, Mattia Gentili said:

Can you elaborate on that? Which path and plist files are you referring to? In the Library I can only find Crash Reports...

You really should not have to deal with any plist files. Just launch Photo and Designer and close them again and then launch Publisher. Normally this should do the trick.

• Production-System: iMac (21,5-inch, Late 2013), 16GB RAM, 2TB nvme-SSD, running on 10.14.5 Mojave;
  • Display Setup: 27" Thunderbolt Display primary + 21,5" iMac-Display secondary for palettes;
  • Keyboard-Layout: German apple extended keyboard (aluminum);