You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

StudioLink doesn't work (macOS)

Same here ... seems Publisher expects the same kind of license (e.g. everything in the AppStore or everything outside of it).

Kinda shitty for pre-purchasers who weren't able to buy in the AppStore in advance.

Hope, this gets solved quickly.

• Staff

To enable those buttons you MUST be using version 1.7.1 (or above) of Affinity Designer and 1.7.1 (or above) of Affinity Photo (and each of them run at least once). These builds are now available from whichever store you bought the software from.

For the Mac App Store it sometimes takes a few days to roll out new builds to all users. but here is our advice to see if it is ready for you.

For purchases from the Mac App Store: These are done automatically (next time you run after it is available in the store). In the Mac app store, go to the updates panel and press CMD+R they should appear if rolled out to your region. Apple sometimes phase roll outs around the world sometimes taking up to 72 hours.

For the Affinity Store 

For purchases from the Affinity Store: Each time you start the software it will check for updates and offer any available update, or in the application main menu there is an option "Check for Updates", or you can log into the affinity store here and find the order in your account and use the download button in there.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Same here, but after updated the Apps from the AppStore and opened ones, the AffinityPublisher registered and linked them. :D Works fine and is a really great idea! You don't need even to start AffinityPhoto or AffinityDesiger. B|

LOVE IT! Big thank t the whole Serif-Team / Developers. Only thing I missing is to store the position of the Studio palettes arrangement. I have to rearrange them everytime I open Affinity. :S

Thanks for that Patrick .. I was a little worried at first thinking maybe MAS won't work. Checked it out after watching the 'Live'. WOW.. this is the total game changer that I was hoping for. Thanks for all the hard work at Serif you guys are killing it and I love it.  x

• Staff
7 minutes ago, chilacho said:

Only thing I missing is to store the position of the Studio palettes arrangement. I have to rearrange them everytime I open Affinity.

sorry this needs fixing, agreed

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

37 minutes ago, chilacho said:

Same here, but after updated the Apps from the AppStore and opened ones, the AffinityPublisher registered and linked them. :D Works fine and is a really great idea! You don't need even to start AffinityPhoto or AffinityDesiger. B|

LOVE IT! Big thank t the whole Serif-Team / Developers. Only thing I missing is to store the position of the Studio palettes arrangement. I have to rearrange them everytime I open Affinity. :S

29 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

sorry this needs fixing, agreed

I hope so asap, because I reported that month ago, or maybe since start I using Affinity Aps.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Leon Creative Studio said:

I have both Photo and Designer, purchased via AppStore, I have the latest versions 1.7.1

Publisher doesn't seem to be able to link to them.

I tried restarting all apps several times. 

Hi, Sorry to hear that.

Are your Mac App Store Designer and Photo installed in the Applications folder? If not can you try moving them ther and running them again.  Are you definitely using the Release Publisher (not the last beta)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
13 minutes ago, Andy Naval said:

I have the same problem. I have all three apps from Affinity (Mac). I can't seem to find Studiolink or at least a prompt anywhere.???

StudioLink is not an option, it's just what we called the function that gets the Designer and Photo Persona buttons to function. If the buttons work for you, there's nothing more to do.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I still have the same problem - Personas in Publisher do not find Designer or Photo.

• Versions of all three Apps are 1.7.1.404, downloaded from the Affinity "Beta Update" URL's
  • I have uninstalled and re-installed Designer and Photo
  • I have created a document in both apps.
  • I have rebooted Windows
  • Then I have opened the apps again
  • Publisher continues to tell me to install the apps
  • I have uninstalled Publisher and re-installed it.

I think I'm ready for some expertise please. :/

I should say that, up to this point, it has all run like clockwork.

7 hours ago, Ralph said:

I still have the same problem - Personas in Publisher do not find Designer or Photo.

• Versions of all three Apps are 1.7.1.404, downloaded from the Affinity "Beta Update" URL's
  • I have uninstalled and re-installed Designer and Photo
  • I have created a document in both apps.
  • I have rebooted Windows
  • Then I have opened the apps again
  • I have uninstalled Publisher and re-installed it.

I think I'm ready for some expertise please. :/

I should say that, up to this point, it has all run like clockwork.

Patrick already mentioned, you need to download the latest published versions, the latest beta’s do not have this functionality.

My dad always told me, a bad workman always blames their tools….

Just waiting for Ronny Pickering…..

Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on macOS Sonoma 14 on M1 Mac Mini 16GB 1TB
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 1.10 and 2.4 on Windows 10 Pro. Deceased
Affinity Photo, Designer, Publisher 2.4 on M1 iPad Pro 11” on iPadOS 17.4 

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityForiPad

https://www.facebook.com/groups/AffinityPhoto/

The hardest link to find https://affinity.help

9 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Hi, Sorry to hear that.

Are your Mac App Store Designer and Photo installed in the Applications folder? If not can you try moving them ther and running them again.  Are you definitely using the Release Publisher (not the last beta)

I had all the apps in a separate folder within applications folder and as soon as I moved the apps out of the folder everything works fine. thank you very mach

the apps are brilliant.

Thanks Paul,

I had seen Patrick's post but had imagined that v1.7.1.404 from one site was the same as v1.7.1.404 from another site!

"Buying" a trial version of both apps from the "Buy Now" dialogue box in Publisher did the job. Lets hope my Product Keys will still work when I am asked for them.

As others have mentioned, I have both Photo and Designer, purchased via AppStore, I have the latest versions 1.7.1

Publisher, bought via the Affinity Store doesn't seem to be able to link to them, and says I have to purchase/install them.

I tried restarting all apps several times. Opened documents in each, closed them, opened them, restarted...nothing.

Really annoying.

1 hour ago, monzo said:

As others have mentioned, I have both Photo and Designer, purchased via AppStore, I have the latest versions 1.7.1

Publisher, bought via the Affinity Store doesn't seem to be able to link to them, and says I have to purchase/install them.

I tried restarting all apps several times. Opened documents in each, closed them, opened them, restarted...nothing.

Really annoying.

Are all 3 Apps installed in the Application folder or somewhere else?

Just now, Pebowski said:

Are all 3 Apps installed in the Application folder or somewhere else?

Thanks for the reply - just fixed this actually. The apps were installed on an external drive, so yes installed elsewhere. While this isn't an issue when running them separately, it stops Publisher from working with the other two personas. I moved them back into the main drive Applications folder and it's now working.

It'd be good if I could run Publisher with the two personas from the external drive in future though, as I'm trying to conserve disk space on the main drive.

Good afternoon everyone,

Great work, thanks.

I have Designer and Photo updated to 1.7.1., installed and in the same folder (Applications) as Publisher (release version not beta).

I cannot remember whether they came from the App Store or from Affinity direct. The App Store sees that I have bought them and that they are up to date. Normally I have always updated direct from Affinity. Only my new purchase of Publisher and the books I've bought are on my account. I do not have Product Keys for Photo or Designer.

When I open Publisher and try to go to Photo or Designer I am asked to install and buy them (the same as above).

I have tried the work rounds suggested above but still have had no success.

Help please!

Yours

Antony

When the AppStore „sees“ them, you have bought them in the AppStore. One more characteristic: The AppStore version has no „Look for Updates“ entry in the „Publisher“ menu.

Are you sure, that your versions are up to date? The version is 1.7.1 for each of the apps.