You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Well, I am just confused why I can see only flattened image and not it's complete layer structure no matter if I use single- or duble-click on Photo Persona.

All the latest releases of Designer, Photo and Publisher (retail and beta) on MacOS and Windows.
15” Dell Inspiron 7559 i7 Windows 10 x64 Pro Intel Core i7-6700HQ (3.50 GHz, 6M) 16 GB Dual Channel DDR3L 1600 MHz (8GBx2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4 GB GDDR5 500 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD UHD (3840 x 2160) Truelife LED - Backlit Touch Display
32” LG 32UN650-W display 3840 x 2160 UHD, IPS, HDR10 Color Gamut: DCI-P3 95%, Color Calibrated 2 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort
13.3” MacBook Pro (2017) Ventura 13.6 Intel Core i7 (3.50 GHz Dual Core) 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 Intel Iris Plus Graphics 650 1536 MB 500 GB SSD Retina Display (3360 x 2100)

1 hour ago, Aammppaa said:

Edit Image is specifically saying that you want to edit the underlying file, the original image in isolation.

That's well known, and it's exactly what I often want. But when I do, I always end up in the wrong surface first - although it is clear what I want to do.

1 hour ago, Petar Petrenko said:

It is "Edit Document" not "Edit Image".

No. It is called "Edit image" (except for proprietary formats).

1 hour ago, Petar Petrenko said:

You are landed back to Publisher interface.

Yes. And that's the problem!

1 hour ago, Murfee said:

Maybe they should remove this button for jpg files etc, it is not needed just go straight to the photo persona, if it is an Affinity file then it says edit document...this is fine 

For God's sake!
I am overjoyed that this button exists. In my practice I use in most cases exchange formats and not proprietary image formats. I suspect that most layouters do it that way.

55 minutes ago, Michail said:

For God's sake!
I am overjoyed that this button exists. In my practice I use in most cases exchange formats and not proprietary image formats. I suspect that most layouters do it that way.

Is there any reason that you can not just go directly to the Photo Persona, my concerns when it is an image file such as jpg that a save is prompted when closing the new tab that opens when using the Edit Image button, this could be a major problem for some users that could inadvertantly overwrite their original jpg. Maybe that tab should just go back to the Publisher Persona just applying the changes and retain the adjustments within Publisher. It works like that with a Photo or Designer document, I have tried and my originals are safe. The jpg I tested has been overwritten by selecting flattened as the save option (I did this intentionally :)) others might not.