fperez

Photoshop format export

Hi,

As much as I love Affinity's series of app (Designer, Photo), I need to do some work in Photoshop.
However, while the import works very well, the export generate a file which not well read by Photoshop CS4 (lot of error messages like "this file contains unrecognised data", or "this file uses an unrecognised fusion mode"), the organisation by folders is not conserved, a white layer is produced instead, and the text is not anymore vectorial.

Strangely, Affinity Designer cannot open the psd files that it itself generated ("Failed to open PSD file. The file could not be parsed.").

Did anybody noticed the same problem ?

Is it something that is on the list to get improved in the near future ? Otherwise, it makes it impossible to work collaboratively with other people who did not switch (yet) to Affinity's series.

thanks,

best,

Franck 

PSD import and export are in constant development.  We are at the mercy of a very poorly written file format specification for PSD files, so for the most part we are relying on fixing specific issues as they are found.  Chances are you are using a specific feature combination that we need to test.

Please send us your afdesign files so that we can investigate properly.  Send the files to support@seriflabs.com

Any files you send will be used for reference only and deleted as soon as we have finished testing them.

SerifLabs team - Affinity Developer
  • Software engineer  -  Photographer  -  Guitarist  -  Philosopher
  • iMac 27" Retina 5K (Late 2015), 4.0GHz i7, AMD Radeon R9 M395
  • MacBook (Early 2015), 1.3GHz Core M, Intel HD 5300
  • iPad Pro 10.5", 256GB