You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

Christmas in June!! Blown away by Unity Link, built-in free stock search, and the speed even on my ancient 2013 MacBook Air. Will be putting a proposal together for my boss to move us solely to Affinity over the next few months now that Publisher is live. Adobe is a pain in the butt. And I love how Affinity is dedicated to going beyond one-upping to totally game-changing features. Rah-rah! #fangirling #solelySerif #idkwutimsaying

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

I'm not a professional so I don't want to mess things up before I even learn how to use this. My question is whether this installs over the BetaPublisher or if I need to uninstall the Beta before installing this Publisher. Thanks in advance for answer.

Hi DSimien,

the pre-launch beta isn’t functional anymore. You can safely remove it from your system. The launch version is an entirely new installation that doesn’t require the beta to work.

Future customer betas will sit alongside the official versions and won’t interfere with them. :)

Hope that helps …

Alex

8 hours ago, A_B_C said:

Hi DSimien,

the re-launch beta isn’t functional anymore. You can safely remove it from your system. The launch version is an entirely new installation that doesn’t require the beta to work. :)

Hope that helps …

Alex

Thanks. Now I know what to do. 

On 6/20/2019 at 11:00 PM, Gerry Fraiberg said:

The spelling "colour" is a British thing. We spell it the same way here in Canada :-)

I know, I even purposely switched the language to British English just to feel the sense of classiness again!

Actually, localization is the English way to spell the word.

There is a widespread belief that the use of the z is an Americanism, but it is not, it is how it is spelled in English. Later, English was influenced by French and some people started using -ise for every such word. However, some words properly end in -ise and it is not correct to use -ize there.

There are three main formats, American English, what is called British English in many spell checkers, and Oxford English Dictionary English.

tps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_spelling

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

Oxford English Dictionary English.

Ah yes, Oxford Spelling and the dreaded Oxford Coma.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

the dreaded Oxford Coma

That one is always guaranteed to send you to sleep! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 6/20/2019 at 4:32 AM, Sam Neil said:

Loving the new Publisher. Its such a shame it came a bit too late for a project I am working on that really could have done with the Personas and I finished it in PagePlus. But now I am officially saying good bye to PagePlus and saying hello to Publisher.

Thank you for your efforts guys!

So, you are happy now that it still doesn't allow you to import *.ppp files?

So happy to see this finally out! I confess I'm at a point in my life where I'm not doing much graphic design, but a few years ago I'd have been using this regularly and probably even trying to teach some people in the non-profit sector how to use it.  That said I still bought it day one because I can never have enough Affinity apps!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 4:12 AM, Patrick Connor said:

For those customers who do not buy from the Affinity store, an offer link should be appearing in the Welcome screen (when we get over the hangovers and get back into the office) probably tomorrow I would say. So Mac App Store and Microsoft Store owners can claim this too.

Just downloaded (purchased) and installed Publisher (1.7.1.404) from Affinity and also downloaded the various Bonus packs. I have installed the program but can not seem to find the bonus fonts when opening the program.

I am no desktop publishing expert so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

David

• Staff
5 hours ago, CSPSOUND said:

Just downloaded (purchased) and installed Publisher (1.7.1.404) from Affinity and also downloaded the various Bonus packs. I have installed the program but can not seem to find the bonus fonts when opening the program.

I am no desktop publishing expert so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

David

If you buy directly from Serif the bonus download comes in your basket, there is nothing more to claim so it's not in your welcome feed. In the bit you quoted it says "for those who do not buy from the Affinity Store...." That means if you buy from through the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store the bonus content does appear.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Answering this at its basic level in case it is simply inexperience with working with fonts

Not sure what system you are using but fonts have to be installed in the operating system font directory, in windows this is the main drive windows folder then fonts. The way to install in windows is to open the font by clicking the file which gives the preview and the option to install the font in to your system is at the top right hand corner

Alan Pickup

Windows 11 Home all Affinity suite of Apps PC and Gigabyte Laptop 16gb Ram and Nvidia GTX1660 Super on each.

55 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

The way to install in windows is to open the font by clicking the file which gives the preview and the option to install the font in to your system is at the top right hand corner

You need to double-click unless you’ve configured Explorer to make items respond to a single click like links on a web page. On OS X or macOS there’s a similar procedure using the Finder.

On Windows you can skip the preview by right-clicking and then choosing ‘Install’ from the context menu. On a Mac you can drag and drop into the relevant Library folder.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 6 months later...
  • Staff
On 1/31/2020 at 6:48 AM, kaosartist said:

Any ideas on when Affinity Publisher is coming to iPad?

I do not think that date has been announced, but Ash Hewson said "hopefully this year"

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

I started with Serif Page Plus (in the 1980's). Seems strange that its presence has not continued (if that's the case). I was obliged to swap to Adobe because my printer stopped accepting the Serif format. Now no longer producing news sheets but may add Publisher to my applications for the occasional photoboos with a commentary.

Is there a feature set comparison with InDesign/PageMaker?

16" MacBookPro Catalina, Affinity Photo 1.8

6 hours ago, Oly85 said:

I started with Serif Page Plus (in the 1980's). Seems strange that its presence has not continued (if that's the case). I was obliged to swap to Adobe because my printer stopped accepting the Serif format. Now no longer producing news sheets but may add Publisher to my applications for the occasional photoboos with a commentary.

Is there a feature set comparison with InDesign/PageMaker?

I used Pagemaker for years, starting in 1988, and then InDesign after Adobe bought PageMaker and  killed it.   I then used InDesign for a few years.   I am now happily using Publisher, which can do just about anything InDesign can, minus perhaps a bell or whistle or two.  There is a slight learning curve, but you should be able to get up to speed quite rapidly.   Why not try the free trial version?

https://affin.co/publishertrial

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9