Patrick Connor

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

5 hours ago, Alfred said:

Or as some British English speakers might put it, “colour” should remain spelt that way in all Affinity apps, localisation be damned! ;)

[slow clap] Well played, sir. Well played.

I actually spelt Localisation that way, but the frackin' spellcheck "corrected" me. As far as spelt goes, I didn't feel right to my grammar. And since she's such a nice lady, I went with what felt right. [shrug]

2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Secondary Samsung SyncMaster B2430 display, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball, Wacom Pro Large tablet || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

guys thanks for the keynote, totally surprised how well the Studio Link works. I was really not expecting it so freaking fast even here on windows.  Already working with it for a couple of days now, designing a Photo-book for friends and becoming more comfortable  to use Publisher at work also like Designer and Photo already. Hoping for an InDesign file support that would be next level. By the way I had zero crashes yet and due the Photo-book I switched quite a lot between the Apps. Totally game changer. 

Looking forward on what coming next.

| https://www.instagram.com/lutz.heidbrink https://500px.com/lutzheidbrink | https://www.eyeem.com/u/pixelcoder | https://society6.com/pixelcoder 
iPad Pro 10.5 - iOS 11.4.1 - Affinity Photo 1.6.7 - Affinity Designer 1.6.0.35 :11_blush:

23 minutes ago, retrograde said:

Are you guys thinking of a hard bound Publisher book to complete the trio?

In a word, yes!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Christmas in June!! Blown away by Unity Link, built-in free stock search, and the speed even on my ancient 2013 MacBook Air. Will be putting a proposal together for my boss to move us solely to Affinity over the next few months now that Publisher is live. Adobe is a pain in the butt. And I love how Affinity is dedicated to going beyond one-upping to totally game-changing features. Rah-rah! #fangirling #solelySerif #idkwutimsaying

Cheers

cealcrest.deviantart.com

I'm not a professional so I don't want to mess things up before I even learn how to use this. My question is whether this installs over the BetaPublisher or if I need to uninstall the Beta before installing this Publisher. Thanks in advance for answer.

Hi DSimien,

the pre-launch beta isn’t functional anymore. You can safely remove it from your system. The launch version is an entirely new installation that doesn’t require the beta to work.

Future customer betas will sit alongside the official versions and won’t interfere with them. :)

Hope that helps …

Alex

8 hours ago, A_B_C said:

Hi DSimien,

the re-launch beta isn’t functional anymore. You can safely remove it from your system. The launch version is an entirely new installation that doesn’t require the beta to work. :)

Hope that helps …

Alex

Thanks. Now I know what to do. 

On 6/20/2019 at 11:00 PM, Gerry Fraiberg said:

The spelling "colour" is a British thing. We spell it the same way here in Canada :-)

I know, I even purposely switched the language to British English just to feel the sense of classiness again!

Actually, localization is the English way to spell the word.

There is a widespread belief that the use of the z is an Americanism, but it is not, it is how it is spelled in English. Later, English was influenced by French and some people started using -ise for every such word. However, some words properly end in -ise and it is not correct to use -ize there.

There are three main formats, American English, what is called British English in many spell checkers, and Oxford English Dictionary English.

tps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxford_spelling

William

Using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England

1 hour ago, William Overington said:

Oxford English Dictionary English.

Ah yes, Oxford Spelling and the dreaded Oxford Coma.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458

6 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

the dreaded Oxford Coma

That one is always guaranteed to send you to sleep! :P

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 6/20/2019 at 4:32 AM, Sam Neil said:

Loving the new Publisher. Its such a shame it came a bit too late for a project I am working on that really could have done with the Personas and I finished it in PagePlus. But now I am officially saying good bye to PagePlus and saying hello to Publisher.

Thank you for your efforts guys!

So, you are happy now that it still doesn't allow you to import *.ppp files?

So happy to see this finally out! I confess I'm at a point in my life where I'm not doing much graphic design, but a few years ago I'd have been using this regularly and probably even trying to teach some people in the non-profit sector how to use it.  That said I still bought it day one because I can never have enough Affinity apps!

On 6/20/2019 at 4:12 AM, Patrick Connor said:

For those customers who do not buy from the Affinity store, an offer link should be appearing in the Welcome screen (when we get over the hangovers and get back into the office) probably tomorrow I would say. So Mac App Store and Microsoft Store owners can claim this too.

Just downloaded (purchased) and installed Publisher (1.7.1.404) from Affinity and also downloaded the various Bonus packs. I have installed the program but can not seem to find the bonus fonts when opening the program.

I am no desktop publishing expert so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

David

5 hours ago, CSPSOUND said:

Just downloaded (purchased) and installed Publisher (1.7.1.404) from Affinity and also downloaded the various Bonus packs. I have installed the program but can not seem to find the bonus fonts when opening the program.

I am no desktop publishing expert so any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

David

If you buy directly from Serif the bonus download comes in your basket, there is nothing more to claim so it's not in your welcome feed. In the bit you quoted it says "for those who do not buy from the Affinity Store...." That means if you buy from through the Mac App Store or the Microsoft Store the bonus content does appear.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

Answering this at its basic level in case it is simply inexperience with working with fonts

Not sure what system you are using but fonts have to be installed in the operating system font directory, in windows this is the main drive windows folder then fonts. The way to install in windows is to open the font by clicking the file which gives the preview and the option to install the font in to your system is at the top right hand corner

55 minutes ago, AlanPickup said:

The way to install in windows is to open the font by clicking the file which gives the preview and the option to install the font in to your system is at the top right hand corner

You need to double-click unless you’ve configured Explorer to make items respond to a single click like links on a web page. On OS X or macOS there’s a similar procedure using the Finder.

On Windows you can skip the preview by right-clicking and then choosing ‘Install’ from the context menu. On a Mac you can drag and drop into the relevant Library folder.

Alfred online2long.gif