You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

• Staff
18 minutes ago, alig said:

great announcement, is there any way to watch again the Keynote?

affinity.serif.com/live works for most (skip the 2 minutes intro)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Loving the new Publisher. Its such a shame it came a bit too late for a project I am working on that really could have done with the Personas and I finished it in PagePlus. But now I am officially saying good bye to PagePlus and saying hello to Publisher.

Thank you for your efforts guys!

• Staff
6 minutes ago, Pattou said:

Just waiting StudioLink in APub beta

The StudioLink in future APub betas should work (if your Release APub build recognises builds of ADe and APu) . 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

18 hours ago, JT_Allen said:

I am very happy there will be an iPad version of affinity publisher as well coming next year. I am so happy for no more need for adobe. I am also royally shocked at the workflow improvement as seen in the live keynote. That is serious workflow efficiency. In-App advanced adjustments on the page in preview mode. Thanks again to the Serif Team.

I hope that adobe doesn't come with money to Serif to buy it ... Like Macromedia :7_sweat_smile:

• Staff
34 minutes ago, coso said:

Just bought on the MAS. Amazing. But I guess the font pack isn't included. 

It will be appearing as a claimable item in the Welcome screen very soon. Currently it is missing, but we are working on it.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

10 hours ago, robinp said:

This was introduced fairly recently in the beta. I’ve not tested it much yet but it does seem to have improved things substantially, albeit perhaps not to files as small as the InDesign files would be. I guess it has to save fairly high resolution previews in order to accurately and efficiently display WYSIWYG

Thanks for your reply! That's great! The file sizes did increase a lot during beta and linking solves this issue.

• Staff
9 hours ago, Dale said:

...good to see so many Serif friends in it

:11_blush: [ agreed, but i was hiding :P]

keep in touch

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@KBD

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) and thanks for the congratulations

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
2 hours ago, coso said:

Just bought on the MAS. Amazing. But I guess the font pack isn't included. 

Please check the Welcome screen next time you start the application. :) you're welcome

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

32 minutes ago, robinp said:

What happens if you've already disabled the splash screen? How would I get it back? thanks

Go to Menu "Help", and there you should see the option to show the Welcome screen (the Splash Screen is another thing, but can be seen also there).

Best regards!