You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

StudioLink - This is incredibly cool! Will this feature be available later when you start the AP and AD? Or will it be available only in APub?
Even in the beta version, I realized that I would buy it! Congratulations on taking a big step forward! Keep it up!

Windows 11 64-bit,

AMD Ryzen 9 3900 + Nvidia 1660 Super + Nvidia Studio driver + 32 Gb RAM.

1 hour ago, JT_Allen said:

I am also royally shocked at the workflow improvement as seen in the live keynote. That is serious workflow efficiency. In-App advanced adjustments on the page in preview mode. Thanks again to the Serif Team.

I believe Adobe will be shocked too if they see this. Just think about it, they need to fully redesign and -develop their apps from the ground up to accomplish this.

It's actually unbelievable no other (graphics)software company thought of doing this before. They either chose to put everything in one package (which most of the time feels bloated and too big or just not right for the job) or keep everything seperated. This is really best of both worlds.

Just now, Friksel said:

I believe Adobe will be shocked too if they see this. Just think about it, they need to fully redesign and -develop their apps from the ground up to accomplish this.

It's actually unbelievable no other (graphics)software company thought of doing this before. They either chose to put everything in one package (which feels bloated and too big) or keep everything seperated. This is really best of both worlds.

I've been waiting a long assed time for this type of workflow, I've only seen a handful of programs that do this... and they were outta my price range.

It's actually nice to see the comparisson. Where Serif today put the whole keynote in only one hour, where they show a lot of nice realtime great value new features quickly after each other because there are so many. While last times in the Adobe 'keynotes' on Photoshop or Illustrator there was not much to show and it was more like talking a loooooong time about some new keystroke that people asked for a thousand years and being able to do switch blendmode-previews at realtime, which Affinity had from day one. They have nothing fancy and talk a lot instead, while this keynote was really contentful and had a lot to offer for even only one product alone basically. 

Keynote was amazing! Downloaded as soon as I got home!  I am very excited for StudioLink, however I purchased Designer and Photo on Mac AppStore and Publisher on Affinity and StudioLink doesn't recognize the other apps. Thanks

3 minutes ago, g.luna said:

Keynote was amazing! Downloaded as soon as I got home!  I am very excited for StudioLink, however I purchased Designer and Photo on Mac AppStore and Publisher on Affinity and StudioLink doesn't recognize the other apps. Thanks

Photo and Designer updated as I wrote this.- Works perfectly!

I tuned in in the last 5 minutes :D But I just re-watched whole thing. @Friksel is totally right. While Adobe is showing absolutely everything they have (which isnt much :D) and then outright lying by saying in the end "and MUCH MORE" (but there is nothing more...) Affinity actually didnt even showed all the improvements in 1.7. Person that was talking was calm, not jumping like some sort of mad orangutan, screaming all the time "isnt it AMAZING?!?!". I liked it a lot. I am much more in favor of British, calm approach to the keynote :D

I was under the impression there were some surprises being announced but it all seems very much as expected. No?

Yeah same here. I am guessing that was Publisher for iPad..? Maybe? I dont know I am not using Apple products.

6 minutes ago, curtj said:

Thank you, I downloaded and installed the program just now but Publisher still says Beta when I start it. Did I miss a step somewhere, like uninstalling the Beta version?

I'm not seeing that, still have both the beta and released versions installed in Windows.  If I start the beta, it says that it's build 1.7.1.399(beta).  Released version is 1.7.1.404

Congratulations:x to all Serif team and the Publisher team!!!!! It's Your's feast today!!!! The whole concept is great to combine all the needs of today's graphic designer into this "trinity" with StudioLink as a background!!!!

I've downloaded my copy and I'm playing with it - GREAT, GREAT, GREAT WORK.

So, to all team and betatesters- Let's "Affinity it" :D:D:27_sunglasses:

@Michael Andreas and to all, maybe the best solution is to uninstall beta version and install only released version - in your Serif account, You should have a serial number for the released version. I've done this and it works fine!!!

Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6.5.123, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.162

Packard Bell EasyNote TK85, Intel i3, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6370M, Windows 10 Home 1809

3 minutes ago, Wally_G said:

@Michael Andreas and to all, maybe the best solution is to uninstall beta version and install only released version - in your Serif account, You should have a serial number for the released version. I've done this and it works fine!!!

I would redirect your comment to @curtj.  I have released versions of the entire suite, and also beta versions of the entire suite, and can load each one individually.

1 minute ago, Michael Andreas said:

I would redirect your comment to @curtj.  I have released versions of the entire suite, and also beta versions of the entire suite, and can load each one individually.

@Michael Andreas: Sorry :10_wink: my mistake during writing and tagging!

@curtj: maybe the best solution is to uninstall beta version and install only released version - in your Serif account, You should have a serial number for the released version. I've done this and it works fine!!!

Affinity Designer & Photo 1.6.5.123, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.162

Packard Bell EasyNote TK85, Intel i3, 6GB DDR3, AMD Radeon HD 6370M, Windows 10 Home 1809

6 minutes ago, Wally_G said:

@Michael Andreas: Sorry :10_wink: my mistake during writing and tagging!

@curtj: maybe the best solution is to uninstall beta version and install only released version - in your Serif account, You should have a serial number for the released version. I've done this and it works fine!!!

I downloaded and installed the new release version and it is perfect! I will uninstall the beta version now. Thanks for the help all! I love Photo, and I haven't opened PS since I started using Photo. I have Designer too and it's a pleasure to use.

Studio Link is a great feature. Well done! This can save quite some time!

What confuses me, though: During the presentation, it was mentioned that files could be linked to, because otherwise the document's size would increase too much. Has this functionality been included since one of the latest builds? Because I was using a beta version and linking image files didn't decrease .afpub document size.

4 hours ago, shushustorm said:

Studio Link is a great feature. Well done! This can save quite some time!

What confuses me, though: During the presentation, it was mentioned that files could be linked to, because otherwise the document's size would increase too much. Has this functionality been included since one of the latest builds? Because I was using a beta version and linking image files didn't decrease .afpub document size.

This was introduced fairly recently in the beta. I’ve not tested it much yet but it does seem to have improved things substantially, albeit perhaps not to files as small as the InDesign files would be. I guess it has to save fairly high resolution previews in order to accurately and efficiently display WYSIWYG

Congratulations on this huge milestone. All three of the first apps conceived as part of an Affinity suite or platform, almost all on three OSes (incl a flippin tablet), with a single file format, saveable history, blistering speed, and a seamless workflow.

Not too shabby at all – well done to the whole team! Watched the Live video today, good to see so many Serif friends in it :13_upside_down:

Twitter: @Writer_Dale
Affinity apps run on: Ryzen 5 3600, 32GB RAM, GTX1650 Super