You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

Who was the keynote speaker? No one introduced him and he did not introduce himself. Very click presenter and everything worked impressively. I'm not in the publishing business but I have friends who are and I will point them at Affinity.

Affinity Photo 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060

• Staff
1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

ah too late she cried

not really too late, it's there now to watch again affin.co/live19

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

1 minute ago, Antoine_neth said:

I have purchased Publisher immediately after the first anouncement. But where can I find a download link? Not in my account at the Affinity website.

Log in to your serif account and go to downloads and license keys. here you'll find the downalods and if need be the registration keys.

Also the fonts etc. to download.

Delighted to see Publisher here at last - and the integration of the three programs is awesome! BUT... it doesn't open InDesign files. For me, that's crucial, as I have hundreds of them that I re-use for new projects. Will this feature be added? Then at last we would have real competition for Adobe, and I could say goodbye to the very expensive Creative Suite subscription...

Richard

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Granddaddy said:

Who was the keynote speaker?

That's Our Managing Director @Ash

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thank you, Affinity team, for your hard work to bring us, Publisher. I tried Publisher when it was in beta and liked it on first sight. Bought already two licences, one for myself and the other to be used here in Gaborone Botswana. Publisher completes Designer and Photo for me and believes me; I will use it daily.

After years of doubting, I decided a few weeks ago to start my own multimedia company here in Botswana. Affinity made this possible for me because I can work in the way I prefer.

The keynote was great despite the fact that here in this African household, it was hard to follow with all the noise, interruptions and slow internet. Luckily I can watch it tomorrow again.

Thank you again, Affinity team, for creating excellent graphics applications. Your efforts are truly appreciated.

Chris

• Staff
56 minutes ago, ennerdale said:

it doesn't open InDesign files.

Not yet, but we are working on IDML import

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff
17 hours ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Wasn't there supposed to be an announcement

iPad Publisher [sometime next year] was announced (30 minutes 25 seconds in) on the video here

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

I am very happy there will be an iPad version of affinity publisher as well coming next year. I am so happy for no more need for adobe. I am also royally shocked at the workflow improvement as seen in the live keynote. That is serious workflow efficiency. In-App advanced adjustments on the page in preview mode. Thanks again to the Serif Team.

I purchased Publisher and install the Beta version ahead of the final program, I see that it has been launched but I do not see a download or update for it. Can you direct me to the update / download page? I wasn't asked to put my email address and key in. I have the key from the my account. 

Edited by curtj
Added the info on email and code

12 minutes ago, curtj said:

I purchased Publisher and install the Beta version ahead of the final program, I see that it has been launched but I do not see a download or update for it. Can you direct me to the update / download page? 

Go to https://affinity.serif.com, log into your account and find the download available in the "download & product key" section.

• Staff
13 minutes ago, curtj said:

Can you direct me to the update / download page? 

See your pre-order in your account downloads page https://store.serif.com/account/downloads 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

First of all, congratulations on the first big step in your vision of the Fully Integrated suite of Creative Applications. You've made it this far, against the wind but with great success. Keep up the good work and I look forwar to further developments. :)

Next, will you make other Topics for the Public Roadmaps of the Apps?

Best regards!

1 hour ago, Patrick Connor said:

That's Our Managing Director @Ash

Thanks. Just found this interview with him that should interest your users.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeFV9qr74oY

Affinity Photo 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6; Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 (MSI) and 1.10.6. Windows 10 Home x64 version 22H2.
Dell XPS 8940, 16 GB Ram, Intel Core i7-11700K @ 3.60 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060