You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher (1.7) Launch Announcement

• Staff

Affinity Publisher Is Here

To see the launch annoucement event go here affin.co/live19 or watch on Vimeo here

On June 19th 2019 Affinity Publisher, our most ambitious app yet, was launched at Affinity Live 2019, streamed live from our HQ. 

We are over the moon to release the first version of Affinity Publisher, we think it will revolutionise desktop publishing. Much in the same way Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer have shaken up professional photo editing and graphic design.

StudioLink Complete integration of Affinity apps

With Affinity Publisher, you can directly link to your other Affinity apps through StudioLink. The first technology of its kind, this revolutionary feature takes the pain out of publishing by allowing you to instantly switch to the advanced photo editing features of Affinity Photo and precise vector tools of Affinity Designer without ever leaving the app. It’s the most fluid workflow ever conceived in a creative suite of applications, and the reason we named our apps Affinity.**

Fluid publishing powerhouse

Bring your vision to life with Affinity Publisher, the next generation of professional publishing software. From magazines, books, brochures, posters, reports and stationery to other creations, this incredibly smooth, intuitive app gives you the power to combine your images, graphics and text to make beautiful layouts ready for publication.

Engineered for advanced technology

Engineered with the same no-compromise vision as our acclaimed photo editing and graphic design apps, thousands of global professionals have contributed to the development of Affinity Publisher to meet the demands of the 21st century designer.

Spectacular layouts

With essentials like master pages, facing page spreads, grids, tables, advanced typography, text flow, full professional print output and other amazing features, Affinity Publisher has everything you need to create the perfect layout – whatever your project.

• Double page spreads
  • Live master pages, including nested master pages
  • Image frames with intelligent scaling options
  • Text wrapping with fine padding control
  • Custom shaped text frames
  • Link multiple text frames together across your document
  • Advanced guides, grids and snapping
  • Tables and custom table formats

Text to match the power of your words

Free yourself from the constraints of tired, traditional text layouts. Let Affinity Publisher help you visualise your text in creative new ways and flow it seamlessly through your document.

• Text styles: Link the style of your text across all pages in your document
  • OpenType support: Open up all stylistic features of the latest OpenType fonts
  • Text decorations: Add lines and borders to elements of your typography
  • Drop caps: Add drop capitals to any paragraph
  • Text on a path: Draw any curve and type along it
  • Artistic text: Gain creative control over titling and other stand out text
  • Flow options: Avoid orphaned or widowed lines, among many other features
  • Baseline grid: Ensure the baseline of your text is aligned across all columns and spreads

Perfect graphics

Whatever the brief calls for, you can rely on Affinity Publisher to handle all the standard file types you’d expect, leaving you free to create the most ambitious, content-rich combination designs, pulling in raster or vector assets from multiple sources.

• Link or embed images with full resource manager
  • Place PSD, AI, PDF, JPG, TIFF, PNG or Affinity files
  • Pin graphics to float or be placed in line with your text

Full colour control

Affinity Publisher can handle RGB, LAB, greyscale and CMYK colour spaces, with advanced control over professional colour requirements for print.

• End-to-end CMYK
  • Spot colour support
  • Pantone library included
  • ICC colour profiles

More information can be found here and Tech Specs and a full feature lists are here

You can buy Affinity Publisher 1.7 now from the:

• Affinity Store: macOS [10.9 or above] & Windows [10 (Anniversary Edition or above), Windows 8.1 & Windows 7 (Service Pack 1)]
  • Mac App Store : macOS [10.7 or above]
  • Microsoft Store: (Windows 10 Anniversary edition or later)

If you have questions about Affinity Publisher please use this forum, as this thread is only for responses to the announcement.

** requires other Affinity (ver 1.7) applications to be installed on the same machine to enable the StudioLink feature

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

My alarm went off at 4.00pm - was downloaded and up and running by 4.05pm - and it's ACE!

Just finished a CD booklet and sent to client - now sorting out all my shortcuts, drag and drop all my brushes and getting my panels back where I like em MINT!

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Mine downloaded in a flash, 45 minutes ago.  Opened an .afpub document I had finished several weeks ago in a long-since superseded Beta and it came in beautifully!    For fun I am looking at the new tutorials.   BEAUTIFUL!

This is going to be such a joy!!  

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Downloaded! The personas are spookily good. Will take a bit of getting used to this new mindset. I often pondered whether it was ever possible for one related program to be able to share functionality with another by importing icons or simply ''tearing'' them from one prog to another. Affinity makes this pretty much a reality. Good work lads and lasses!

For my needs, launching the Publisher app is well timed. Now I don't need to rely on adobe subscription software at all. I can now create all the graphics, ebooks, and artwork for my Wholistic Artist LLC business without adobe. Yahoo! Thank you Serif Team for creating these apps, they feel way more intuitive and less mangled than photoshop, illustrator & indesign.

1 hour ago, Frozen Death Knight said:

Would show you a thumbs up if there was an emoji for it.

Please feel free to use this one: thumbup.gif

Or this one: thumbup1.gif

Or both! w00t.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff
5 minutes ago, Dapaool said:

Where can i found "BONUS - RetroSupply Co. Font Collection"?  or is this Affinity Store Only?

For those customers who do not buy from the Affinity store, an offer link should be appearing in the Welcome screen (when we get over the hangovers and get back into the office) probably tomorrow I would say. So Mac App Store and Microsoft Store owners can claim this too.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon