You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Studio Link in Publisher is not recognizing my installed Designer and Photo

Hi,

First of all congrats with the new Affinity app Publisher!!! 

The Windows Publisher Bugs "place" (button is missing!) doesn't work. The Studio Link in Publisher is not recognizing my installed Designer and Photo and is asking to purchase them!?

Regards,

David 

I have installed the latest versions of Photo and Designer, but Publisher is recognizing only Photo. I re-installed Designer and reboot Windows 10 several times but Designer is still not recognized. Any suggestion? 

• Staff

@fmz

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Please can you go to  "\%ProgramData%\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release" and delete the Designer Release.appinfo.

Once deleted, re-run both Designer and then try the StudioLink again.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

@VX27

Thanks for confirming. I hope that some others find these threads too as my fingers are getting tired  ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 6/19/2019 at 1:35 PM, Patrick Connor said:

@fmz

Please can you go to  "\%ProgramData%\Affinity\Common\1.0\appinfo\Release" and delete the Designer Release.appinfo.

Once deleted, re-run both Designer and then try the StudioLink again.

Thank you all for the feedback.  Patrick, your workaround worked for me in Win 7.  I had to follow a slightly different path to find the Photo Release.appinfo configuration file and delete it.  In windows the path is:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Common\appinfo\Release\Photo Release.appinfo

I had to have admin authority to delete the file.  This fixed the problem with Publisher-Photo interoperability.

JJ

On 6/21/2019 at 9:25 PM, JeffJ said:

Thank you all for the feedback.  Patrick, your workaround worked for me in Win 7.  I had to follow a slightly different path to find the Photo Release.appinfo configuration file and delete it.  In windows the path is:

C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Common\appinfo\Release\Photo Release.appinfo

I had to have admin authority to delete the file.  This fixed the problem with Publisher-Photo interoperability.

JJ

I agree. appinfo has to be deleted to solve it. I've test it on my machine and voilà

Thanks for the hint!

• 1 year later...

What if I:

- Had Designer, Photo and Publisher all installed on a non-Windows drive (Drive D)

-Reset Windows (keeping all personal data)

No appinfo folder exists in ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\  or \username\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Common\

I could always just uninstall/reinstall them all, but...

3 hours ago, Kuso77 said:

What if I:

- Had Designer, Photo and Publisher all installed on a non-Windows drive (Drive D)

-Reset Windows (keeping all personal data)

No appinfo folder exists in ProgramData\Affinity\Common\1.0\  or \username\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Common\

I could always just uninstall/reinstall them all, but...

If Windows does not recognize the apps as installed they are unlikely to run properly in any case.

After a Windows reset you generally need to reinstall the programs that were lost.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1