You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Panels changing size since latest update

Since the latest update of PHOTO and DESIGNER everytime i launch the programs the panels keep changing size. It worked fine on 1.7. But 1.7.1 is a mess.

Tried using control on boot to reset hasn't helps.

Suggestions? Please fix this its really annoying.

It would be great to save a workspace like ADOBE ( sorry) and then you could have multiple layouts.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

10 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Hi Gary,

I’m sorry to hear about your studio issues. Can you give me a repeatable example to try? Once I can reproduce your problem here I can get a fix together. 

Also, that is a good suggestion about saving workspaces. We will take a look into that for a future update. 

Thanks,

Chris

Hello Chris,

I not sure how to go about this but here is my screen interface attached. I have moved my panels around to make them work for my 4K screen and how i was used to working in Adobe.

1.7 they were fine, after the update to 1.7.1 the panels started doing weird things. This is a very new issue.

First screen shot is how I like to have it. Second one is after reboot of program. On the second screen shot , the history and navigator have made them selfes really long. Not they way they were. Layers also changed size. 

Sometimes when I open the program, all the panels are shorter. This is doing the exact same thing in PHOTO as well.

Thanks

Gary

Designer_2019-06-20_13-34-38.png

Designer_2019-06-20_13-35-14.png

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

7 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Excellent, thanks for that. Would  you mind giving me your exact version number from the about screen too?

I shall investigate and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers

Chris

Verision 1.7.1.404

Thank you !

Gary

2019-06-20_13-59-12.png

9 minutes ago, Chris J said:

Excellent, thanks for that. Would  you mind giving me your exact version number from the about screen too?

I shall investigate and get back to you ASAP.

Cheers

Chris

Here is whats happening in PHOTO as well. You can see how all the panels are shorter. Designer sometimes opens like this as well.

Gary

2019-06-20_14-00-25.png

Photo_2019-06-20_14-00-17.png

6 minutes ago, Chris J said:

I see. I’ve fixed a problem similar to this earlier today so I’m just going to run 404 and replicate your setup/problem and then confirm it’s fixed using my fix from earlier. In which case it will be available in the next update.

Cheers!

Gary

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 2:06 PM, Chris J said:

I see. I’ve fixed a problem similar to this earlier today so I’m just going to run 404 and replicate your setup/problem and then confirm it’s fixed using my fix from earlier. In which case it will be available in the next update.

I have noticed something weird with these panels changing size. If i have designer open and fix the panel placement. Close the program and reopen, most of the panels are in the correct space. Some of them are a bit off from initial settings. But here is where it gets weird. If i close Designer and open Photo, the panels are out of place. Reset them to where i like them. Close the program and reopen seems good for the most part. But if i then reopen Designer they have all gone whacky again. Seems as though Photo or designer are affecting each others preferences. Could this have something to do with PUBLISHER and studio link?

Gary