You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I tried to install the latest update to Photo it would not load, Then tried to go back into my Photo 1.7.0 and it would not work also tried to reinstall the program 1.7.0 and it will not reload what do I do? I need my Affinity Photo back.

• Staff

Hi PhotoRon :) 

Can you please confirm, are you using Windows or Mac? did you purchase the app from the Affinity store, or elsewhere?

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Hi RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica :)

I believe you're using Windows, if you downloaded the app from the Affinity Store please use the below link to download the latest .exe. If this does not help please let me know!

https://store.serif.com/update/windows/photo/1/

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I have this same problem too.  I am trying to update my Affinity Photo so I can link it to my newly installed Affinity publisher. It goes through the update  processs and then fails to install.  We are using windows 10 and purchased it from the Affinity store.

• Staff

Hi NDA :)

Thanks for confirming that, please use the following tool to uninstall the app from your computer:

https://support.microsoft.com/help/17588/windows-fix-problems-that-block-programs-being-installed-or-removed

Then, visit the following link and download a new version of the latest .exe:

Please let me know if this does not help!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff

I'm sorry to hear this. Do you know which version of Affinity Photo was installed last before you tried to update? (ie ver 1.6 or 1.7?)

Please note -

Many thanks!

HI,

I've manage to fix it.  It seems that it had deleted the old affinity but left the short cuts, so I just downloaded the program rather than the update from my downloads and its all installed fine.  It's also working fine with publisher.

Thanks for your help.  Looks like it might be just a glitch on the update

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi RCPhotos_FineArtAmerica :)

I believe you're using Windows, if you downloaded the app from the Affinity Store please use the below link to download the latest .exe. If this does not help please let me know!

Yes I am using Windows, sorry for the delay. Downloading now. 338MB. What then will I have to do? It seems I had a difficult time a coulpe of updates back.

Light, Subject, Focus, DOF, Background, Edit, Learn

59ef645ca6e4e_IMG_7558LightBeneathFAAcopy300x100.jpg.d53988f0690ebe508047421cdc137023.jpg

• Staff

Once the download is complete please ensure that Affinity Photo is closed, then try running the .exe. Hopefully the app should install and update correctly, if you have any further issues then please provide a description/screenshot of this. Many thanks!

Please note -

Many thanks!