You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.1 is soooo slowly

CPU usage when in dragging around 50%, in the heavy scene I see a full load.

actually, I changed everything in the performance tab but doesn't work. I know I haven't a good spec but lagging with drag 1 rectangle?

in pixel persona i see a less lag.

Annotation 2019-06-20 212649.jpg

Annotation 2019-06-20 212649.jpg

Edited by sadeqi
better explain

I just wanted to chime in that I have the same problem as shown in the video by sadeqi. When I run Pixel Persona, the problem disappears. 

I'm running Windows 10, Intel i7 8700k, Nidvia GTX 1070 (8gb memory), 32 gb system memory. All running on a SSD drive.

My settings are on Auto but it doesn't matter which settings I use, they all act the same. I even turned down my undo limit to 105 to see if that would help but it didn't.

I fixed my problem by going to the performance options and choosing my GPU.

Under "Renderer" it says "Default (Nividia GTX 1070 or whatever your GPU is)". Select your GPU, not the "Default". You might need to restart the program. I also lowered my undo options to 105. Retina options are set to "Automatic".

Hope this helps others!

Hi. 

Problem: 

I have noticed that when the APPEARANCE panel is directly visible, operations like moving/resizing object or moving nodes become choppy. 

Solution that worked for me:

Hiding APPEARANCE panel completely or placing it "behind" another panel tab.  

My system: 

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404

Windows 10

Changing GPU settings (from AMD Radeon to integrated Intel GPU) does not make any difference. 

BAD.png

OK.png

7 hours ago, p.wojda said:

Hi. 

Problem: 

I have noticed that when the APPEARANCE panel is directly visible, operations like moving/resizing object or moving nodes become choppy. 

Solution that worked for me:

Hiding APPEARANCE panel completely or placing it "behind" another panel tab.  

My system: 

Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404

Windows 10

Changing GPU settings (from AMD Radeon to integrated Intel GPU) does not make any difference. 

BAD.png

OK.png

Can confirm this behaviour, also putting vectors inside groups (which makes appearences disappear) improves performance

@Mark Ingram

In conclusion, it certainly seems that an active appearance studio slows the performance considerably. 

A fix will be a great candidate for the 1.7.2 or 1.7.3 update.

• "The user interface is supposed to work for me - I am not supposed to work for the user interface."
  • Computer-, operating system- and software agnostic; I am a result oriented professional. Look for a fanboy somewhere else.
  • “When a wise man points at the moon the imbecile examines the finger.” ― Confucius
  • Not an Affinity user og forum user anymore. The software continued to disappoint and not deliver.

I tested it and was surprised by the performance difference. In the GIF animation (24FPS), the difference is small but really noticeable.

Tested on:

- Microsoft Windows 7 Enteprise x64 (6.1.7601 Service Pack 1):
HP EliteBook 8760w / 32,0GB RAM | Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2860QM | NVIDIA Quadro 3000M / 2GB DDR5

ap_windows_perf_test.thumb.gif.43d96a4ba1d7ff7a3f92b85a490033d0.gif