Jon P

Copying over user data from Beta to Retail

I added .afpub to the end of the file name which gave it the logo, but it still will not open. It says the file is not supported.

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 11.14.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 11.10.01 PM.png

Can you post the file here?

Also why is the file date in 2014? That can't be possible. I think there's something wrong with that file. It's really small too.

You are right. That doesn't make sense. Perhaps it was from my old desktop publishing program, ReadySetGo. No wonder it wouldn't open. I checked an April document and it opened just fine.  I am so sorry that I bothered you with this. Thanks for your patience.

It is interesting that I had a number of documents that showed they were Affinity Publisher ones which I never tried to open with Afpub. They were old documents from Ready,Set,Go.

So, the new stable just came out and I haven't done a backup of all my assets yet. Beta won't open anymore and I can't backup my assets (I was advised to recreate my work in the beta release since a bug in the last stable version corrupted my progress). Because I bought Publisher on the Mac App Store, I also can't use the »fast method« to copy my user data. How do I get my assets back? Why does the beta have to be disabled right after the stable release? This is not good!

EDIT: Did the fast method with a trial version and copied the assets over. But this needs to be thought through a little more.

I could never figure out why the instructions didn't copy all my settings over from Beta to Retail. Now, I've installed Publisher on a new system and using the same instructions doesn't work either. It didn't work for Photo or Designer either the first time I did it, but the second time I tried it did. I've tried several times with Publisher with no luck.

On 26. Juli 2019 at 6:28 AM, BugsJane said:

Perhaps it was from my old desktop publishing program, ReadySetGo.

FYI: In 2014 there was no APub.