You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

just checking out the free trial versions of designer and photo - currently have adobe cc (all apps) - i can see that in designer that all my adobe fonts are visible as creative cloud syncs them with macs font book however it appears now that typekit is no longer the standalone that it was a few years ago so presumably if i cancel my subscription i lose my typekit fonts

has anybody else had this issue and what was the workaround? i have quite a few websites being served fonts from adobe, have had a look at the free adobe edgefonts and is no good whatsoever they seem to keep all the best premium fonts on the subscription app

tia

• Staff

Hi steve-bbb,

Welcome to the forums :) 

23 hours ago, steve-bbb said:

so presumably if i cancel my subscription i lose my typekit fonts

I believe this is the case, but unfortunately I don't have any experience with typekit or alternatives. The following threads may help, and other forums users will hopefully input here also! 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

I used to subscribe to Monotype, but let my subscription lapse — in the mean time they seem to have discontinued it and replaced it with an enterprise/large studio service called Mosaic, which frankly I can't afford.

If Adobe have removed the standalone Typekit sub, there's a good chance they'll reinstitute it later in the year when iOS 13 arrives. Apple are adding fonts to the App Store, and Adobe, MyFonts, Monotype etc are all on board... so hopefully when they all inevitably go the subscription route, they'll create a way to use that sub on desktop too.

In the mean time you can use Skyfonts to sync open fonts from Google, along with any fonts you've purchased from the likes of MyFonts. Not ideal, but it's all there is right now (that I can find).