You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't Save to Google Drive

Hi all, 

When I first installed Affinity Designer for my iPad I was able to save files directly into my Google Drive. I can't do so any more - the Drive option has disappeared from the list and I can't work out how to get it back. 

I have updated to the latest version of Designer and the latest IOS, but still nothing. 

Any ideas? 

It’s working for me. There could be a number of reasons it’s not behaving well for you.

Try quitting and restarting your Google Drive app. Do the same for the Files app, if opened. 

When trying to export/share your Designer project to Google Drive, navigate to the topmost folder in Google Drive and refresh it by swiping downward. Do the same for each successive folder as you drill down.

I had some sort of error, too, and thought I wouldn’t be able to save to Google Drive either until I did the above.

• 9 months later...

Not able to save directly to Google Drive myself - the option doesn't appear in the Save As section of Affinity Designer on iOS. My workaround was to save to Files and then in Files, share the file to GDrive, but that seems clunkier than necessary.

Is there a direct integration into Google Drive on iOS? If so, how do you enable that (so that it's as seamless as your integration with iCloud)?

• 1 month later...

So it seems that you can Save As the file to Google Drive from iPad. But once you open and edit and save the same file with macOS version of Affinity Designer on Google Drive you can not open the file from Google Drive anymore with iPad :/

Dear Affinity people, pls fix this. It used to work really well at some point. And it would be the perfect workflow. Bcs like c'mon... who on earth uses iCloud as their main cloud file system :D. Conspiracy theory devil ofc whispers in my ear, that Apple pays you guys to not support other cloud platforms. 

Edit: ok, it get weirder – I can not open the file from Affinity on iPad (+ > Open from Cloud > locate file in Google Drive > file looks disabled and does not react to tap), but when I locate it in Files app and tap on it it actually opens in Affinity on iPad. It is messy. But works.

Edited by Mihkel
forgot to tell about the conspiracy