You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iOS 12.x Portrait Mode not supported in AP 1.7.x?

Just wanted to confirm Affinity 1.7 still does not support the iOS 12.x native Camera apps' Portrait Mode feature.

When using the Edit in Affinity Photo extension in the macOS 10.14.5 Photos app, any images taken using the Portrait Mode feature of the stock iOS 12.x Camera app (A image) do NOT show up with any depth-of-field (bokeh)...set within the Photos app...in Affinity Photo (B image). 

Luminar 3, on the other hand, respects whatever depth-of-field was previously set in the macOS Photos app (A image) when using the Photos app extension to post-process the image. Though once edits have been saved and the image is returned to the Photos app, the ability to edit the depth-of-field is no longer possible.

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

NoPortraitModeSupport.jpg

• Staff

Hi macfaninsf,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you export the file from Photos and then try opening it in Affinity is the deph of field preserved?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Absolutely. But that's a workflow from the last decade. :)  I was pointing out that when editing photos using the far more convenient Photos extension method, Affinity Photo does not recognize Portrait Mode depth of field, while Luminar 3 does. Perhaps this will be addressed in a future update.