Jeremy Bohn

Use END key for keyboard shortcut

I went into the Keyboard Shortcut settings to make the HOME key go to the first page and the END key go to the last page. HOME works, but END just makes the app beep. Bug?

I can assign both Home and End on Windows for those functions (Document > First Page, Document > Last Page) and they work.

Interestingly, though, if I do not have Home assigned to anything, pressing it hangs Publisher.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Thanks! Works fine for me (High Sierra). Needed this!

--------------------

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017) • Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB • macOS High Sierra

I'm running Mojave. Quitting Publisher and opening the same document again made it start working. But there is something wrong. I can do this every time:

- delete the last Page shortcut

- close settings

- press Home to go to the first page, then press End. The computer beeps.

- in Settings, re-add the END keyboard shortcut for Last Page

- close settings and try the END shortcut. It still only beeps.

- Quit and restart Publisher. The shortcut works. Actually it might not even need to be quit, just close the current document and re-open.

I found another similar problem with the Enter key. I can set it as a keyboard shortcut, but it too doesn't do anything. For instance, I set it to the shortcut for a column break (to match InDesign) and the shortcut is listed in the menu but all it does is a regular return.