You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.2.1.25410)

• Staff

Purpose: Improvements, Features, Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Designer

Mac App Store: Not submitted

Download: https://s3.amazonaws...stomer Beta.dmg

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

The primary purpose of this beta is to resolve issues running the Affinity Designer Beta after installing the most recent Affinity Designer 1.2.1 Mac App Store update. This beta includes no additional changes from the last beta (1.2.0.25338)

I tried opening last night's work from the previous beta on today's MAS update, but the file was ignoring certain objects and not rendering properly on-screen... Hopefully it will be resolved with this new beta, Matt. Will keep you posted if it doesn't...

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

Whew,!!! Glad to say the new Beta opens and renders everything properly... The file in question was created with yesterday's beta. However, isn't it strange that the "new" MAS doesn't open the file properly?

Check out the screenshots, there are entire chunks of geometry missing from the MAS-opened version....

Today's AD MAS (1.2.1)

post-1105-0-40794100-1432218633_thumb.jpg

Today's AD Beta (1.2.1.25410)

post-1105-0-87927000-1432218718_thumb.jpg

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Ventura 13.6

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17

I have a problem with file preview in finder. Other files are working. Is just mine?

I'm having same issue as well.  I do not have any of the Beta's installed.   Deleted MAS Version and reinstalled.  Still no thumbnail previews.  :(

Edit:  I installed the latest Beta and thumbnail previews work now.  Guess I will need to keep both on my system until the MAS version is updated down the road.  I've discovered that this can happen when you install some of the betas and then remove them.

It's all good though because the Betas are just too irresistible and it's hard to not want to play around with the new features.  :D

Edit X2:  If you feel courageous enough you can also try to rebuild the LaunchServices Database on OS X.  If your like me and you install the Betas and then delete them, this kind of thing can happen.

Open Terminal and type the following:

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

This worked for me after I deleted the beta.

I cannot get the beta to run. I've tried reinstalling it several times, but It keeps telling me I need a retail version even when my retail version is already running.

How can I get it to recognise my retail version (1.21)?

I have so many apps installed I find it very helpful to arrange them in appropriate sub-folders. Affinity Designer is installed in (Applications/Design Apps)

Is this the problem??

• Staff

Hi nwill - that's exactly the problem, sorry! It needs to be in the root of Applications in order to find it and validate that it has been purchased... We can definitely look at improving this in the future. Sorry about that in the meantime :(

I've had the same problem as nwill .... but after downloading and installing again ...fixed. Thank you.

Gregg

OS X Version 10.14.6 iMac 27" 3.2 GHz i5- 32 GB  Huion Kamvas Pro 20

iPad Pro 12.9" IOS 13

AD = OS IOS, AP = OS IOS

In this beta, I am missing some of the usual tools' icons across the top bar of the app - things like the magnet icon for snapping, or the icon for alignment. Have I done something that I am not aware of? How can I get them back?

I have already deleted the app and re-downloaded and re-installed, since this beta wasn't recognizing the purchased version on my machine.

Thanks for any help!

post-3749-0-43145700-1432910776_thumb.png

Hi Matt,

another small issue … I still get strange (doubled) corner points when using the fabulous corner tool at maximum values and converting my shapes to curves … I don’t think this is intended … sorry for being annoying …  :unsure:

Cheers and thanks for your hard work, Alex  :)

post-1198-0-56774300-1432984303_thumb.png

post-1198-0-33572400-1432984308_thumb.png

Strange_Corner_Points.afdesign

I can't get it to happen on demand, but I have had a crash when loading another app that uses the GPU while AD is running. It only happens every now and then, but I've had it quite a few times now. I assume there is a clash between the two apps over GPU resources that causes it as I've only ever had it happen when using GPU-utilising apps.

I've attached the crash report, but here's what usually happens:

- I'm busy editing a document in AD and I want to look at a reference photo in my reference collection in Aperture or Lightroom.

- I open Aperture or Lightroom and, as it loads, AD will crash.

Loading AD again (while the other app is open) usually works fine then and continues to run properly. 

Hope that helps!

Crash on Startup of other GPU App (Aperture in this case).txt

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.