You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

You changed something in the file format ??? :-(

HI,
You changed something in the file format ???

I bought ACDSEE studio because it was able to display a preview of .afphoto and thus could serve as DAM (function that is sorely lacking and ... requires to buy other product ...)
Except that since the last version of affinity photo, the .afphoto are no longer recognized by ACDSEE !! :-(
Older .afphoto, continue to be recognized by ACDSEE.

Please don't say me that i bought ACDSEE for nothing!

Sorry but i don't think so.
Files afphoto saved before the 1.7.1 version of Affinity Photo can be read by AcdSee (thumbnails and preview).
Files afphoto saved after the  1.7.1 version can't be read by AcdSee (no thumbnails, no preview)...
The phenomenon can be seen on AcdSee Studio 2018 which has not been updated since, and also with the latest version of AcdSee Pro 2019 ...

I think the coincidence is too big to be an AcdSee bug, especially without no update.

I will report that to acdsee but I really think they are not for nothing .
thanks

afphoto_acdsee.PNG

There are two issues here, one is, we obviously reserve the right to change the file format as needed, the other is, we haven't changed the file format for the thumbnail preview for years, so without speaking to the AcdSee developers, there isn't much I can do to resolve this right now. 

If the developers are manually reading our file format, they probably shouldn't, and should instead ask the OS to provide the thumbnail for the file (which would use the thumbnail provider that we ship with the application). Out of interest, if you look in File Explorer, are the thumbnails shown correctly?

HI,

Effectively, windows' explorer show the thumbnails.

I have an answer from Acdsee team : "actually for the moment version 1.7 is not supported by ACDSee and I think that even in Photoshop it does not work. ".

I have to wait... if only Affinity had a DAM...
we would not have to switch several software ... but this is another debate ...

Thanks so much for the information. I've been going down the road of saving as .psd to Adobe Bridge, ( with layers saved) but have been having trouble with corruption of the layers on reloading. Having the .afphoto file visible will reduce the risk of future problems.