You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sarajevo - Tram and Trolleybus Transit Map

transitdiagrams

Hey again :-)

I do transit maps (diagrams) for fun in my spare time to relax.

Here is another one of my recent works: the Sarajevo Tram and Trolleybus Network in my own interpretation (unofficial of course).

By the way: there is no official diagram and a pride month edition as there aren't official colors too.

The whole map is entirely done with Affinity Designer. 

If you have any thoughts on it or feedack this is much appreciated.

Have a great day!
Chris

sjv_comp.thumb.png.bc0fd9feda8318236741759275891a74.png

PS: If you like maps you might also have a look at this community!
PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

Another lovely map.
The diagram is clear and it’s easy to see where everything goes to.
It took me a while to figure out what the numbers were for but maybe that’s just me being a bit slow-on-the-uptake this morning.
If the key also contained the numbers that might help to make things clearer but I don’t know if that would spoil things.
Also, if the numbers were in the same ‘order’ as the lines, that might help too (see attached crude mock-up).
Anyway, apart from those very small things, nice work again.

sarajevo-tram-number-reordering.png

Thank you =) Really appreciate it!

I see what you mean but I always try to keep the key as minimal as possible. The numbers speak for themselves in my opinion but you are right, people, so it could be wise to write them in the key as well.

About the sorting according to colors: normally I try to do it. In this case I sorted them according to their value. In your mock-up the text label is now in the loop which I wanted to avoid. Like to have the labels on the same side whenever possible. Apart from that it looks good too. Will rethink that for any future iterations. Thanks!

PPS: Want to know more about me and my ways? Head over to an Affinity Spotlight article about me and my maps!
PPPS: Do you love public transit and transit maps too? Then have a look at my home-made collection of transit maps under www.instagram.com/transitdiagrams or www.twitter.com/transitdiagrams

PPPPS: Other works than transit maps can be found here www.behance.net/chrisneuherz 

You’re very welcome.
I came to the map totally fresh – as a new visitor to the city would do – and just got a bit confused by the numbers for a little while but it wasn’t a big deal. If I know where I am and where I’m going I can work out which tram/trollybus I need to be on quite easily.
I tried to come up with a partial mock-up of the key – attached – but I’m not sure of the result (maybe more experimentation would improve it, or not).
I see what you mean about the labels at the same side of the lines and I agree that it looks better your way.
I’m looking forward to seeing the result of your next relaxation.

sarajevo-tram-key-numbering.png

Not sure about your key idea (would be problematic for the trolley bus numbers as the lines are smaller and the numbers are longer) but it has given me another idea for the key wich I am going to implement next time. Thanks!

PS:

4 minutes ago, GarryP said:

I’m looking forward to seeing the result of your next relaxation.

Relaxation is a nice concept which fits perfectly as I do draw this maps to relax. :-)

Hi @GarryP!

Made an updated version thanks to your input and feedback!

Main changes:

• Trolley bus station design is now reflected in the route numbering too (rectangular).
  • And have added a little bit of information to the key.

What do you think (especially about the key addition)?

sjv_comp.thumb.png.ebe0171171d9f3de00ab4f4bad3e3e9e.png

I like the way you have made the trollybus route numbering rectangular.
As for the key, it took me a moment to see the changes then another moment to figure out what was what (they look a tiny bit like placeholders). That could just be me though so might not be a worry.
I had a play around and came up with some alternatives, attached.
Not sure if I prefer any of my efforts. Bit of a tricky one this.

key1.png

key2.png

key3.png

key4.png

key5.png

Very interesting variations on the key! The third versions seems nice. Maybe I can build on that. But I am not sure.  I will think about it and come back when I have a new version.

Anyway thank you @GarryP :-) really appreciate your input!