You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stroke Thickness Crashes App

When I try to click into the stroke thickness input I get the spinning beach ball which never stops spinning.  I have to force shut down affinity photo after this.  I tried numerous times resulting in the same crashing behavior.

I can confirm this crashes when trying the stoke thickness input for both the shape tool and the pen tool.

The slider works but this is unacceptable because I am trying to input 0.03125 in  (1/32").

Please fix, thanks.

Running MacOS High Sierra  10.13.6

I can confirm this behaviour, too. It happens whenever the 'flyout' stroke ui is used. I.e. from the context bar, when using stroke ui by clicking on stroke thickness in Appearance panel.

This does not happen when stroke is defined via Stroke panel/palette user activates through Studio menu.

The same in Affinity Publisher.

Affinity Designer 1.7.1 on iMac late 2009, High Sierra

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)

• 1 month later...

Short followup. Changing stroke thickness from context toolbar/numerical input box still gets Mac stuck on Photo 1.7.2.147 Beta, and Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.422 Beta.

Changing between OpenGL and OpenGL Basic rendering does not improve the problem.

Alex

Mac Mini M1, mac OS Ventura

Affiñititos, how about a roadmap? (but with v2.1 efforts ... massive, tremendous improvement!)