You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo 1.7.1.404 NIK plugins freezing

Since updating to 1.7.1.404 (Photo) on Windows 7 when using some of the NIK plugins, they start to load but then it turns to grey (the plugin screen) & Photo is then stuck & the only way out it to can Photo (end the process via the task manager). This has happened with the HDR & SilverFX. Others seem to be ok.

I am using the old (free) Google version of NIK.

Julie :-)

StephenGB,

I actually like Windows 7! My laptop's on its last legs so will be buying a new one soon & it will have Windows 10 in it by default. Have another small one with Windows 10 on it but haven't loaded Affinity onto that one.

It was working before the new AP version was installed :-(

I had got the grey screen above when using Silver Efex  but now I get this:

AP is now stuck & I will have to can the ap!

This is the desktop version using Windows 7 & was fine until the latest AP update to 1.7.404.

Julie.

image.png

I have the free version also. Initially it worked. Then it didn't. Then just the HDR fx was highlighted with everything else greyed out. Yesterday, everything was available and working again.... I haven't done anything or made any changes to the program. Later in the day everything was greyed out again. ???? I posted about this a few days ago. Got a quick response from one of the moderators, answered their question and never heard from them again. Windows 10 

Edited by prsdeb
Add more info

I have a similar problem using Mac OS Mojave.  Upon downloading AP 1.7.1, the older version of NIK plugins worked for a couple of days. Then, all of a sudden, AP started to crash upon opening a NIK plugin. Just wanted to bring this to your attention. Thanks.

The latest build is a complete mess, I can't use any of the filters, the entire software freezes, same with nik collection filters. I uninstalled and reinstalled with the same issues, I went to the previous version with no issues. I use W10.

Update: Everything works just fine now, I figured out the problem. When I transfer the TIFF file from DXO to Affinity you can not add a layer a PNG. file "PhotoLogo" before doing all your adjustments in Affinity including the nik collection filters, once you are done with your image then you can add a PNG layer to the image without the Affinity software locking up or freezing.

Hi,
Of course, not all plugins work.
But, in the suite Nik by DxO with W10, Analog Efex 2 and Color Efex 4 work well with a good color management.
HDR Efex responds to a different calling sequence (with PS, it's available in the automation menu!) and does not work effectively but without freezing AF Photo.
The other Nik plugins work with the color problem.
In addition, DxO Viewpoint and Filmpack plugins cause a shutdown without error message and Portrait Pro freezes AF Photo without shutdown.

I have not tested other plugins.

• 3 weeks later...

Any news on this one? I have the same problem - Only Silver Efex and Color Efex seem to work - all the other crash (very upsetting since I use some of them quite frequently). Working on a freshly installed Win 10 System. Would be good if bugwise there would be some kind of progress.

Cheers, Timo

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

Just now, juliep said:

I think the developers are aware?

I had Silver Efex crash as well so haven't tried it again. Viveza & Define work.

Hope they are ;-) ... but yes, I think ... it's all about priorities ....
Viveza and Define both crash on my system ...

CRM.png.a048d588572393102ac3cc403bfa8af7.png

i7-12700KF, 3.60 GHz, 32GB RAM, SSD, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070, Wacom Intuos 4 Tablet, Windows 11 Pro - AP, AD and APublisher V1 and V2
https://www.timobierbaum.com

• Staff

The 414 beta should have addressed a lot of plugin issues:
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/91357-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-172414/

Lots of users are reporting the NIK collections have started working since trying the beta so it's worth a shot installing it.