You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where do I add custom ICC colour profiles ?

I must be overlooking something obvious, but I can not figure out how I can use custom colour profiles when exporting to PDF.

I need to send an advertisement to a newspaper, and they have provided me a custom icc colour profile that I need to use, but how do I do it in Publisher ?

(I'm on macOS)

Go to Export and click the More... button. Halfway down you'll find the Colour Space and ICC profile options. You will need to drop the profile into a folder, usually Windows>system32>Spool>drivers>color if you're using Windows but it is possible that there is a dedicated Affinity folder to add them to.

image.png.027f507cc0a9a78e58ca1eea34fe9b56.png

Yes, I know how to export a PDF and change settings, but I can't seem to add any custom icc profiles.

I'm on macOS, and there is the colorsync utility, and also folders where display icc profiles seem to live... but if I drop this print icc profile in that folder, it doesn't appear in publisher.

The icc profile I'm supposed to use is ISOcoated_v2_300_eci.icc

In the export dialog there is a ISOcoated v2, but I'm not sure if this profile is 300% or not.

First, make you sure you install that custom color profile or copy it to windows color profiles folder: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

From there you can choose that color profile from the "new document" window, under "color" tab "color profiles" drop-down menu.

image.png.49968b82f6d0873422fb70de11d7fb31.png

Or when you have already created a document: "file" menu, choose "document setup" then you'll face the same options:

image.png.82138a3a40d5425ad6e3bdf0299ec75c.png

Or when you export to a PDF: Click on "more..."  button (on the bottom left next to "export" and "cancel"

click on the "ICC profile" drop-down menu and choose your CMYK profile from there.

image.png.65cf9bc518b2b9cac59ac8673ff38061.png

And remember; make you sure you install that custom color profile or copy it to windows color profiles folder: C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\color

BTW, does anyone know how to make images look smaller in a post, all of mine take so much space and I can't figure how to reduce their size.

While I do appreciate the help given, it is not what I have asked. Twice, I have mentioned that I am on macOS, which is the fruit logo'd computer that does not run Windows.

I know how to choose profiles in all Affinity products, and how to select them on output. My question was : where do I add the icc profile in macOS so that it becomes available inside the Affinity suite ?

Sorry if I was not clear enough..

In ‘document setup’ I see all the profiles which I added myself.

Have you tried both ‘library/colorsync/profiles’ folders? In system and your home folder?

Just guessing.

Macbook Pro mid 2015, 16 GB, double barrel: MacOS Mojave + Affinity 1 (+ Adobe’s CS6)/ MacOS Monterey + Affinity 2

2 hours ago, Pete123 said:

While I do appreciate the help given, it is not what I have asked. Twice, I have mentioned that I am on macOS, which is the fruit logo'd computer that does not run Windows.

I know how to choose profiles in all Affinity products, and how to select them on output. My question was : where do I add the icc profile in macOS so that it becomes available inside the Affinity suite ?

Sorry if I was not clear enough..

Lol, I don't know how I didn't notice that you said you're on MacOS, I think I focused too much about finding the color profile and didn't focus on the operating system. Sorry for the confusion.

• 1 year later...