Tim Kyarie

Improve Wacom integration please! Pens and pencils stop working with Wacom

Every time while drawing with Wacom tablet intuos, Affinity Designer either stops drawing after switching windows either within it or to another app. If it doesn't stop it will just draw only straight lines strictly and wont pick any curved strokes. This is happening in  both vector and pixel persona. It is extremely frustrating. I often have to restart it and even then after a while, the same problem occurs again.

I have added a video in pixel persona highlighting what I am talking about.

1. It's either a windows 10 problems
  2. Or it's an Affinity Designer problem.

Kindly help resolve this please, it's really really frustrating.

Annotation 2019-06-18 155018.png

Hi Tim Kyarie

This is a known issue with Wacom tablets. It is caused by clicking on the Designer UI (not the document area) with a Wacom Pen whilst your focus is in a different app. If you click on the document space when the focus is elsewhere it doesn't go wrong. 

In the meantime as a temporary work around could you go into your Wacom Tablet Properties > Mapping and then disable 'Use Windows Ink'. That should stop it from going wrong.

@Sean P Thanks. I have tried having disabled 'Use Windows Ink', it becomes sluggish while drawing with stabilizer. I have tried causing the issue again by clicking on the UI as opposed to the Doc so that I could test if switching between 'Use Windows Ink' would work, and to my surprise it does work without having to restart AD. I hope this issue will one day be sorted. Otherwise am loving Affinity Designer and the rest of the products very much. Keep up the good work Sir.

@Mark Ingram Thank you. Hope not far too long into the future :7_sweat_smile:. The product is robust and worth recommending to everyone. Of course bugs are expected here and there, keep improving the product Sir, it's the sharpest tool in my shed of design software arsenal.