You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'm ready to leave Photoshop behind and jump into Affinity. But i have one single plug-in that i'm doing all my finishing work in, and where all my custom presets are. It's Alien Skin's Exposure (X4 is the current version).

I wanted to ask if there are any compatibility problems with this plug-in in Affinity Photo, because it's used constantly here with Photoshop, and i can't live without it. :)

I just tried it myself with the trial. Exposure X4 can be opened in Affinity Photo, but when i want to apply a filter preset, Photo crashes to desktop.

This is very disappointing to me. I've waited for a year for better plug-in support, but in vain...

Is there anything that can be done? Some compatibility setting perhaps?

Your help is appreciated, but i don't use Apple products.

Does Serif not have their own plug-in compatibility list? IMO, there should be a dedicated topic with up-to-date info, so interested customers could find out what works, efficiently.

So, it seems nothing's changed yet. I guess i'll look around next year and see if the situation has gotten better. Meanwhile i'm back to PS CS6. :(

P.S. This is what Alien Skin replied to me regarding this problem:

Unfortunately this is an Affinity issue as they report to support plug-ins designed for Photoshop. Their implementation of the Photoshop plug-in SDK doesn't seem to be complete.