You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

iPad Designer Units not taking for resize, color adjustment and export

segts

Hi there!

So with the new version of Designer for the iPad, I am having problems inputting numbers into either the palette of the resize dialogue box.

I have a document that's 8.5" X 11" and I am trying to resize the canvas to 8" X 3.5". I am not using artboards. I am using the resize function in the app. When I try to resize to the new size, the file becomes 8" X 3". It disregards the .5" for the height. I have tried multiple times and the same thing happens. I have made sure that the lock icon is not selected and it still doesn't work. I'm wondering if others are having this problem.

The experience is similar in the color palette. I will click on a color, like Cyan and change it from 60 to 40. WHen I hit okay, Cyan may jump to 100, not change at all or another neighboring color like Yellow may change its numeric value.

Also, for export, there are files that I have that if I select an artboard to export as an image, the app will not recall the size of the artboard. I have to right down the actual size and type it in manually. There have been times that the lock icon doesn't work properly, and if I change the width, the height will not auto adjust to compensate for the new width.

These issues around units are barriers for using the iPad 100% without having to switch back to the desktop. And as I've mentioned in earlier posts, adding more after the decimal point and not rounding after one decimal will really help too!

Thanks for all you do! Overall, this software blows my mind and really makes being creative a joy!!!!!

All the best!

Stephen :)

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi segts,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you!! The issue with the Document Size I believe has been fixed in the latest 1.7.2. Regarding the other two issues could you try them in 1.7.2 and attach a video that demonstrates the issue if they still affect you please?

Thanks!