You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Desktop Saves update on Ipad

Hi, Just got designer for ipad and mac and am trying to get a file to sync between desktop and ipad. When working in the pad the file is saved to icloud which is then up to date on the macbook, but when i save on macbook the app storage version is not up to date and i have to close the local file then open the file again from cloud storage. If the previous app version is still in app storage then it just opens that version even if i tell it to open from icloud. I would prefer that the app version be replaced with the updated one from desktop>icloud so the same file with the same name it always up to date where ever im looking. Am i missing an option for this?

Thanks!

• Staff

Hi eocs,

Welcome to the forums :)

When opening a file on the iPad from the cloud, it opens the current version of this file. Unfortunately our iPad apps can't currently update documents from the cloud automatically, you will have to close the document and reopen it for the changes to update.

We hope to bring this feature to Affinity iOS in a future version, in the meantime I'll move this thread to our Feature Request section of the forums for our devs to see and consider!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!