You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Margin Colours

That is not currently possible, but is an interesting suggestion.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 10 months later...

I know this is an old post. However: +1

The colours are so similar I'm finding the visual on screen confusing. It can look like I've got two text boxes overlapping each other.

Continually throws me and has me checking.

I've introduced a shortcut for show/hide guides to help. It would be 'nice to have' the ability to change the guide colour in the preferences.

--------------------------------------

(I've just embarked on a mission to learn this software now - since publisher completed the trio. I've owned the software for a while, watched it's development since Photo Beta. The investment in jumping from Adobe is now becoming more likely to pay-off IMHO. It's a horse to back. Been a long time coming. I have a good record of predicting software in the market... let's hope I still have.)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, HANDJOJO said:

difficult to select the word in the left corner of the top text frame and intefered with the dot handle

Did you know you can change the size of the dot handle? It is "Tool Handle Size" in the Tools section of the preferences. It is hard to balance the tool handle size to be big enough to grab easily while small enough to not get in the way when you want to grab something else, but it is nice that Serif has given us the choice about where that balance is for each individual.

9 minutes ago, garrettm30 said:

Did you know you can change the size of the dot handle? It is "Tool Handle Size" in the Tools section of the preferences. It is hard to balance the tool handle size to be big enough to grab easily while small enough to not get in the way when you want to grab something else, but it is nice that Serif has given us the choice about where that balance is for each individual.

Yes let us see...for the coming update.