vdamjanovski

Word count in Affinity Publisher

I like the Affinity Publisher concept, and already worked on a few brochures and documents. All seems good, but I can't seem to find the word count function.

Has it been forgotten, or I just simply can't find it?

I too need this on a daily basis and am missing this feature a lot while transferring from InDesign to AP.

My use case is layouting a small newspaper and getting the texts from about 6 different people.
I have to go on a layout after content principle. This means the writers don't care much about the correct length of their articles and after the first layout run i do have to tell them "this could be xx characters longer" or "this have to be 234 characters shorter" etc.

For the last years there is the handy "info tool" in indesign which i use for:
- See the total count of characters in the text's columns (linked)
- See the count of characters in marked text
- see the count of overflowing text (that's for me the most helpful part)

As stated above, this whole counting is a feature in almost every software that deals with text and should be in AP as well.