You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

i am facing the problem when i save my new document it shows the failed to save document again and again and creating an 0 byte files whenever i am trying to save my documents. even after the lasted update it was not resolved . sir please resolve this issue because this issue is creating problem in my work,

thank you

Untitled.png

• Staff

Hi @puneet parve,

Are you able to save to another drive or another location on your machine?

Do you have a version of the document to attach to see if I have any issues with it (granted, I know it can't be saved right now)

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

Can you try turning auto save off in preferences and letting me know if a new file still has issues when you create a new document?

Can you go to %temp% in Windows and post the path that it resolves to here?

Thanks

• Staff

Can you go to Edit > Preferences > Performance and set the File Recovery Interval to the maximum number (2700).

Then, if you can also press the Windows key+R and type in %temp%, which will load your temporary files in Windows, and let me know the path that is in the address bar if possible.

Thanks

• Staff

Ok, I'm not sure what we can do here to save the document you had open without exporting it to PDF and re-importing.

If the document has already been closed and the work lost (if so, apologies for the inconvenience!) can I ask you to close the app and hold CTRL whilst launching it, ticking all the boxes, this will perform a reset.

If after doing this you still get issues saving a new document let me know.

• Staff

Do you have Windows Defender enabled, and if so can you disable it and try again?

If that fails, can you try export to "My Documents", as there is a chance if something is preventing us from writing the file that this location is whitelisted.

21 hours ago, Jon P said:

Ok, I'm not sure what we can do here to save the document you had open without exporting it to PDF and re-importing.

If the document has already been closed and the work lost (if so, apologies for the inconvenience!) can I ask you to close the app and hold CTRL whilst launching it, ticking all the boxes, this will perform a reset.

If after doing this you still get issues saving a new document let me know.

Hi @Jon P,

I allow myself to chime in because I remember to have had a (perhaps) related problem some time ago (I think that was with AD, though).

The error message in @puneet parve's first post the access to the file was lost. This happened to me, too, when the file in question was located on an external drive. It turned out that saving to another location failed due to the fact that the file itself was only partly loaded and it was not possible to save just this part of the file (if I remember correctly).

Maybe this is the case here?

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

That would figure if this was on a loaded file, but at the moment it seems to be failing to write a new document to file.

My suspicions are that we are able to open the file for writing when we save, but then something is preventing us from actually writing to it (we've seen this before with Windows Defender).

Just now, Jon P said:

That would figure if this was on a loaded file, but at the moment it seems to be failing to write a new document to file.

I understand. I wish you all of luck to track this down.

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• 2 years later...

Hi

I have the same problem. When saving the project write error. Publisher 1.10.0.1109 Win 10

I tried different disks and cloud. This is a project that is reworked based on IDML. Publisher 1.9 writes correctly.  In the attachment, a zip file with an idml file and a file from publisher 1.9.

publisher failed to save.png

TM.zip

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.