You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wish List - Studio Panel Presets

I have four separate feature requests that I'd like to submit. I have created a separate post for each of them, and they are all posted here within the "Feature Requests & Feedback" section. I have included proposed Studio-type panels (or modifications of existing panels) in each of the posts.

1) Presets should be available from their respective panels

Affinity Photo already has the ability to store presets for Adjustments. In the Adjustments panel, these presets are segregated by adjustment; that is, only the presets for Curves are shown under the Curves Adjustment choice, and so forth. But, for some curious reason, these presets cannot be accessed from the adjustment panel itself.

Personally, I don't like adding adjustment and live filter layers from the menus or from the Adjustment panel - I add them from the icons at the bottom of the Layers panel. As such, I never get to see the Presets that seem to reside only there.

I would love to see Affinity Photo give me access to presets from the corresponding adjustment panels. When I open the Curves adjustment panel, I can create a new preset - I should be able to access the Curves preset I created yesterday!

Here is a mockup of a suggested change in the panels. Yes, it's the Curves adjustment, but this sort of addition seems like it could apply to all of the panels. The only difference would be the existing height of the panel window, but shrinking or adding to the height of the presets list could adapt itself to the size of the overall panel.

1243372032_NewCurveswindow.thumb.jpg.02948bf64bc80fccdd94b6eaf6178acb.jpg

Affinity Photo 2, Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2 (latest retail versions) - desktop & iPad
Culling - FastRawViewer; Raw Developer - Capture One Pro; Asset Management - Photo Supreme
Mac Studio with M2 Max (2023}; 64 GB RAM; macOS 13 (Ventura); Mac Studio Display - iPad Air 4th Gen; iPadOS 17

9 hours ago, smadell said:

I have four separate feature requests that I'd like to submit. I have created a separate post for each of them,

When you mention it (apparently it is important to you), you could give direct links to other requests.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.