You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pre-Release Sale Emails to Serif Get No Response

This seems like an odd place to pose the question but, I am growing concerned. I responded to an Affinity email about ordering the pre-release version of Publisher. I emailed Affinity (Serif) on the 11th, and again on the 13th. But I have not heard any response.

Is anyone else having trouble getting through to Serif these days? I imagine they are very busy with a pre-release going on. However, as this is a time limited pre-release offer, I am concerned that I am going to miss it.

My order is a bit tricky as I am buying a license for a good friend as well as for myself. I had to go through some hoops the last time as Serif doesn't have a gift purchase method easily set up yet. I bought some Affinity products for my friend before so it seems perfectly legitimate to purchase two pre-release licenses.

Obviously I can't do this if no one from Serif is going to respond. As I said, I am sure they are very busy, but its been 5 days now since I sent the first email so, I am following up here.

Thanks.

Not sure whether this helps with your issue, but it seems that the 20% discount will be extended for a short while even after the launch of Affinity Publisher on Wednesday. Patrick Connor wrote:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/87368-affinity-publisher-to-be-launched-at-affinity-live/&tab=comments#comment-465084

So as far as I can see, there is no need to purchase a pre-release license, as you can still get the discount later for a while. :)

If you simply replied to the email you may not have used the best address. The usual one for order-related queries is, I believe, affinityorders@serif.com.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• Staff

@levelbest

We replied to you 6 and again 5 days ago. Please search your junk email and spam for emails from affinity@serif.com . You may need to whitelist affinity@serif.com to get future replies to your inbox. 

Our response to your query both times in relation to buying 2 pre-launch licenses was this

If PayPal is your preference, please transfer £79.98 through this link - www.paypal.me/serifuk - and then let me know the Transaction ID and I can process the order for you.

If PayPal is not your preference, please let me know which payment is and I will advise accordingly.

Kind regards,

Steven

I suggest that you could whitelist AffinityOrders@Serif.com and use that to send us the Transaction ID when you have paid.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Hi @levelbest,

I have sent you a private message with my personal serif email address, hopefully we can get emails going back and forth that way and resolve this for you.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

14 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

If you simply replied to the email you may not have used the best address. The usual one for order-related queries is, I believe, affinityorders@serif.com.

Yes, I did that with the second email. No luck so far.

4 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

@levelbest

We replied to you 6 and again 5 days ago. Please search your junk email and spam for emails from affinity@serif.com . You may need to whitelist affinity@serif.com to get future replies to your inbox. 

Our response to your query both times in relation to buying 2 pre-launch licenses was this

I suggest that you could whitelist AffinityOrders@Serif.com and use that to send us the Transaction ID when you have paid.

Glad to hear it. I did check my Junk and Deleted folders days ago with no luck. Maybe I should be checking my servers online at gmail. Glad it wasn’t on your end then. Not sure whats up on my end.

Added: not on the gmail servers either.

4 hours ago, toutou123 said:

It's still on sale for 20% discount. If you have been a beta tester you are eligible for %30 discount.

I am not sure what being a beta tester means? I have been actively using the beta version and make a few comments on this forum and suggestions  about what I like and was not liking in Publisher while I was using it.  All I received was the standard Serif 20% pre-release offer.

• Staff
50 minutes ago, levelbest said:

I will check that our straight away

I received your email, hopefully you received my reply and we are all systems go.

Any spelling or grammatical errors found in the above post are deliberate and included to boost the self-esteem of those who spot them.

It appears that the email client I was using, MailMate, has been hiding or deleting some of my emails. I am not sure what is happening but, when I fired up my Apple Mail application to double check my messages, your old email showed up - as well as a few other important emails. Yikes. I will write the developers of MailMate and switch to Mail immediately as this is unacceptable.

Sorry for being the cause of all the confusion.