You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Slider not synchron

The slider in the viewer is not at all synchron to the pictures. If the pages in the viewer are set and then in the browser changed one will see the new page in it. But the slider of the viewer stands as before. So you move it, it shows not the next pages or the former one. It moves from the old viewer position. Reg., lars

all Aff 2.2: Capture One+ 23 pro; MacBook Pro, OSX 10.15.7,  Fuji X-Pro2 

Scrolling the main window so it shows a different page is not supposed to change which page is selected/active, as far as I know. As @thomaso said, you need to do something to the page you stop at in order to make it the current page.

Is that what you're talking about, @larsh, or are you just talking about keeping the Pages panel synchronized with the main window as you scroll the main window?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Hi, the viewer is for me the big field showing pages big.

Browser is the small field showing the same smaller.

So one checks a book with pics to see if there shall change some places/ pages or if the colours belongs together...

In the viewer let´s say is p. 10.

Then moving along the book, stopping p. 60 to see one which could belong to p. 10. Double Click to bring it into the viewer to check it in a fine way. Therefore you want to move to p. 59 and 61 too, a little up and down, may be to see two rows half... (p. 60 and p. 62)

But if you click at the viewers slider there is not p. 61 – there is p. 11.  So one has to move to p. 61 again...

I said it again for getting an update yesterday waiting for the finished P. So they are working longer.

But the programm is fine, the bug makes nervous... (and the slider is not red! Walt) W´ll see. Reg. lars

May be this helps:

slider 1.jpg: shows p 21 activ. The slider of the viewer beside the navigator.

slider 2.jpg: shows p. 69 activ in browser and to see in the viewer (it is an other object which I want to see in relation to p 21). The viewer slider stands as before!

slider 3.jpg: now the viewer slider is moved a very little down (see the navigator window) – and shows p 21 half and p 23; p 69 is gone.

Reg., lars

slider 1.jpeg

slider 2.jpeg

slider 3.jpeg

To your screenshots slider 1 -3.jpg :
I guess the main misunderstanding comes from the various ways to make a page appear in main window. For instance you can move pages in main window around without selecting them.

A. The  blue rectangles  in Pages Panel:
– they do NOT necessarily show the according page in Main window.
– they rather show what page/spread you are going either/or

• to select for main window view,
  • to move,
  • to set its properties in pages panel.

– to make a page icon with blue rectangle synchronized with main window view you need to double-click either

• on a page icon or
  • on the numbers below.

B. The  gray rectangles  in Pages Panel:
– they always show the momentarily active page/spread.
– to make the page/spread in main window become active you need to select ("activate") an object on that page.

C. The page-numbers in main window (bottom left):
– The are synchronized with the gray rectangle in pages panel (–> B:)

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Ah, now I do see the issue and can confirm and reproduce it.

The slider in main window appears to "sleep", it doesn't react on page view change done via Pages panel  – but only reacts on page change via main window (f.i. hand tool).

So it is possible that its position is the same for the last AND the first page of a long document.
How to replicate this issue:

1. Create a facing document with about 50 pages.
  2. In Pages Panel double-click spread 1 – and watch the slider position in main window.
  3. Then in Pages Panel double-click on page 50 – and see the slider in main window not moving.
  4. Now start moving this main window slider slightly – and see the page view jumping to step 2.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Now comes your new text. I don´t understand it, try tomorrow. 

-------------

Go we now back to former discussion how much I have to understand? Please no.

I think the case is simple:

If I click in the browser a page (double or single) it comes on in the viewer – AND THEN THE SLIDER THERE SHOULD FOLLOW. 

But there is a point I just remember, Gabe. If it is only my problem or this one of my macbook it may happen a mistake in it. 

Some time ago in C1-11 there was a mistake in setting mask as line (from point to point). It does not work in this macbook (see below). But it works in a macbook air (same configuration). And it works now in both, as there is C1-12 loaded. 

So let us say, the macbook is guilty. And you finish Publisher...

Lars, a bit off-topic, but maybe helpful nonetheless: in QuickTime Player, you can trim any video by using Bearbeiten > Kürzen … :)

(Saves a bit of bandwidth. Will also help with privacy issues. Maybe you don’t want to expose the contents of your hard drive to the forum.)

Hi A_B_C, was my first (and last I hope), and the frame to click was gone from the screen, and I was in a hurry... (it can be deleted). Thanks, lars

9 hours ago, larsh said:

Hi A_B_C, was my first (and last I hope), and the frame to click was gone from the screen, and I was in a hurry... (it can be deleted). Thanks, lars

No problem. I didn’t mean to criticise, but just give a potentially useful hint … :)

Alex

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.