You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

clipping indicators in raw develop on newest update

Hi there,

Not only is developing an image very slow, I also noticed that with Metal Compute the clipping indicators do not work. When I adjust an image by opening up the exposure the image starts to become transparent. and the colour overlays are not present.  After unchecking Metal compute all is ok. BTW I am now at 15 seconds on opening a RAW file from an Nikon D750 on this laptop and my Mac Desktop. After developing and committing to the Pixel Persona it is taking about the same as opening a file ... 15 seconds !!!!!

Macbook Air. 13in   mid 2012   1.8 GHz   Intel Core i5  Intel HD graphics 4000 1536 MB

• Staff

Hi Colin red,

Opening raw files should be quicker in 1.7 however, due to the new Noise Reduction setting, developing may take longer than it used to. You can uncheck this option (before you develop) if it isn't needed.

We're trying to go through all the reports of issues with Metal compute. The advice so far has been to disable it for now, which you've done. I'll pass your feedback to the developers.