You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Light Mode UI for iPad

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Yes, I agree. There were requests for this with the desktop apps and it was added later. I think that the option to have a light option should have been carried over when the iPad apps came out.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Add me to the list of users requesting a lighter UI. I keep my iPad lighting fairly low to preserve battery life, making the UI icons almost impossible to read. The app would be unusable were it not for the little question mark icon on the lower right that displays labels for each icon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I find a light mode tends to be better when working outside. Don't know if others find this so.

I assume everyone knows you can lighten the grey surrounding the canvas in the settings/preferences. I know it doesn't help with seeing the tools in the menus, but the reduction in contrst can make things a bit less tiring on the eye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Words are crude implements, difficult to get perfect, easy to get tied in knots with, and often - usually - misunderstood, which is why 'tolarence' is the best word of all.

The word "professional" fits us all - amateur, semi-pro, beginner, advanced, middle, beyond it all, and on....., because professionals are tolerant.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

the light user interface is really important, because light is the color of paper — white. when i work in an all black user interface, i then print a photo surrounded by white padding and it looks too dark.

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic 

• 4 weeks later...

I add my voice to this. If I want to use the textures in Assets, it’s just guessing. It’s impossible to see what it might be like before you choose to insert. I know I can change the greyness of the canvas background in the preferences, but as long as the toolbars and the tools themselves remain dark, it doesn’t help much. Just have a look. So, yes please, an overall light mode is essential, I’d say. 

7084019F-44FE-48D2-8023-798D59D112E1.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/6/2021 at 3:47 AM, Robin Riley said:

I would not have purchased AD if I had known I could not switch to a light interface. Black makes it unusable for me....

This is me too.

I tried the trial on my computer and was able to change the dark interface to light so I purchased Affinity Photo for my iPad Pro as there was no trial available for iPads.  I had thought AP was going to be my answer for all our travels as I can't take my computer with us.  

However it has been a waste of money as the dark interface makes it totally unusable for me.

Here's hoping someone listens and comes up with fix for this issue. 

• 3 weeks later...

I bought an iPad Pro, 12.9, to be able to create away from my iMac. Excited to download AD only to find I cannot see the assets I have created, mirroring the comments above.

I’m shocked there has been absolutely zero response from Serif over the nearly two years of messages on this issue above.

Perhaps the moderator could get this message across. And I’m sure just knowing this dark mode issue is being addressed would be acceptable, rather than silence.