You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can I unistall the update and revert back to the prior version???!!! PLEASE

Hello, while I sing the praises about how superior AD is to Ai often and champion Serif and Affinity, I am very disappointed by the update, which it seems is loaded with problems, particularly snapping, the loss of snapping icons, and the loss of speed.

I don't see what has been gained, but what has been lost is unquestionable. 

So, while you all work the bugs out, please tell me there is a way of simply reverting back to the prior and seemingly superior version that worked so near perfectly, has the snapping readily available on top, and is not slowed down?

And if you don't currently have that ability, maybe you should, as it seems many people would prefer it.

I hate to be critical, particularly when what you all do is so amazing, but it seems the release of 1.7 jumped the gun and now users would benefit from reverting.

Thanks,

Michael

I agree completely Michael.

I tried the new update and immediately discovered that when you try to export an edited image and untick the Embed Metadata box it is impossible to see the Close button at the bottom which makes it useless as a program for me. Since I could not close the dialogue box the only way out was to use the Force Quit option

Fortunately I have Time machine on my Mac and I was able to delete the updated program and reinstall the older and better version. Now all I have to contend with are the frequent reminders that an update is available.

Hopefully they will sort this mess out very quickly.