Posted (edited)

Basically, I'm fairly new to Affinity Designers and recently got a drawing tablet. When I use a mouse to use the vector brush tool it is not shifted/wobbly. But, when I draw the same line with my VEIKK A30 drawing tablet it is all wobbly and shaky. I know I don't have the stabilizer on but, I don't like the way it functions. (I know that's how stabilizers work and are behind the point of your pen but, why are they straight when drawn with the mouse.) Below, is a screenshot I took as an example. You can see the pen settings above in the bar so, please if you see anything wrong point it out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but, I see numerous videos of Affinity Designer on YouTube where they are drawing straight lines without the stabilizer on... 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 4.45.17 PM.png

Edited by Noah.

Can you please check that you have the latest tablet drivers and adjust the pens sensitivity to allow for smother pen input

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, DWright said:

Can you please check that you have the latest tablet drivers and adjust the pens sensitivity to allow for smother pen input

I have opened the pen settings tab but, I do not know what could be affecting it. What should I tweak that could be causing this? I did test the tablet on another program called Krita and the lines were not shaky at all. So, I'm guessing there is something in my Affinity Designer settings that are clashing with the pens setup causing a shaky line. I don't know what I could do or what to fix it... 

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.14.27 AM.png

Edited by Noah.

In the Driver software, under 'Pen' there is a sensitivity curve, you can move this around to fine tune the responsiveness.

Pages 5 -6 of this user manual: http://www.veikk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/A30-Instruction-20180628.pdf

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

1 minute ago, Noah. said:

Is that the part that says input and output?

Yes, it may help curb the jitter a bit. 

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

I have a different tablet to yours but the adjust is similar, I had a bit of jitter on the line so played around with the curve a bit and I have my sensitivity set like this...

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-17-24-28.png

Posted (edited)

I've tried numerous different sensitivities each not doing anything or even making it worse. Is there any other problems that could be occurring? Or something I'm doing wrong..

Edited by Noah.

17 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I have a different tablet to yours but the adjust is similar, I had a bit of jitter on the line so played around with the curve a bit and I have my sensitivity set like this...

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-17-24-28.png

The thing is... it works perfectly on Krita but, not on Affinity Designer. Would there be a cause someone in the software of designer?

This seems to be an issue with some tablets, I could only find a post from 2016 with a jittery line issue, but I'll keep looking.

Krita is good albeit a bit slow on my 2011 Mac, medibangpaint is also pretty good.