You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Basically, I'm fairly new to Affinity Designers and recently got a drawing tablet. When I use a mouse to use the vector brush tool it is not shifted/wobbly. But, when I draw the same line with my VEIKK A30 drawing tablet it is all wobbly and shaky. I know I don't have the stabilizer on but, I don't like the way it functions. (I know that's how stabilizers work and are behind the point of your pen but, why are they straight when drawn with the mouse.) Below, is a screenshot I took as an example. You can see the pen settings above in the bar so, please if you see anything wrong point it out. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but, I see numerous videos of Affinity Designer on YouTube where they are drawing straight lines without the stabilizer on... 

Screen Shot 2019-06-16 at 4.45.17 PM.png

Edited by Noah.

7 hours ago, DWright said:

Can you please check that you have the latest tablet drivers and adjust the pens sensitivity to allow for smother pen input

I have opened the pen settings tab but, I do not know what could be affecting it. What should I tweak that could be causing this? I did test the tablet on another program called Krita and the lines were not shaky at all. So, I'm guessing there is something in my Affinity Designer settings that are clashing with the pens setup causing a shaky line. I don't know what I could do or what to fix it... 

Screen Shot 2019-06-17 at 9.14.27 AM.png

Edited by Noah.

In the Driver software, under 'Pen' there is a sensitivity curve, you can move this around to fine tune the responsiveness.

Pages 5 -6 of this user manual: http://www.veikk.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/A30-Instruction-20180628.pdf

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

1 minute ago, Noah. said:

Is that the part that says input and output?

Yes, it may help curb the jitter a bit. 

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I have a different tablet to yours but the adjust is similar, I had a bit of jitter on the line so played around with the curve a bit and I have my sensitivity set like this...

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-17-24-28.png

I've tried numerous different sensitivities each not doing anything or even making it worse. Is there any other problems that could be occurring? Or something I'm doing wrong..

Edited by Noah.

17 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

I have a different tablet to yours but the adjust is similar, I had a bit of jitter on the line so played around with the curve a bit and I have my sensitivity set like this...

Screen-Shot-2019-06-17-at-17-24-28.png

The thing is... it works perfectly on Krita but, not on Affinity Designer. Would there be a cause someone in the software of designer?

This seems to be an issue with some tablets, I could only find a post from 2016 with a jittery line issue, but I'll keep looking.

Krita is good albeit a bit slow on my 2011 Mac, medibangpaint is also pretty good.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Im using Veikk s640 and its the second time my cursor went crazy and jitter like a vibrator glued on my tablet pen. I am still not sure how I solve the problem but I did these 4 things. I may or may not work but I solved it somehow. 
1. Uninstall ur driver, restart pc, reinstall ( few times even mess with other driver like  uninstalling all HID-complaint mouse)

2. End the tablet driver and services ( everything related to the tablet ) , unplug and replug

3. I take it out let it rest for few min, I connect it to my phone ( I want to check if its software or hardware issue and turn out it didnt jitter on my phone so probably the software) and then it plug back to pc ( with all driver stopped) and my problem vanish like a nothing has happened.

4. Hit the tablet, change usb port and curse at it 

I share these because i cant find any solution for Veikk tablet at allimage.png.b223f5e24901e040ae7342a7881ad77e.png

Edited by Chiy

• 1 month later...

OK, this is what i discover. Try turn off any electronic that run on electric, for my problem I actually having my phone charge with a power bank and it somehow disturb the tablet, the second I unplug it the tablet went back to normal. I guess the problem you all having is similar?