You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

After a few minutes the system freezes. It is random  as I am doing different tasks and system freezes. I have to go back to PS this is no fun. I ordered publisher hope it doesn't have same problem. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I hate being tethered to a software like PS.

• Staff

Which OS are you using and are you doing anything particular or using a certain tool when the app seems to freeze. If you are using macOS, open the apps Preferences > Performance tab and try turning Metal off and switching the Display setting.

Happen again this morning. I am using won 10 pro. the system freezes and then reboots itself with error code dpc_watchdog_violation. ran tweaking , malware, etc., no error results. I am now wondering if this is a windows problem or a affinity problem?. the crash reports for affinity are empty.

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

thanks for your input. I looked at the post and did what they suggested. No problem found. This only happens when I start Affinity photo. Using PS or LR or any other app there is no problem. ran chkdsk /f/r and again no problem. BIOs is up to date as well as other drivers. I will download APublisher and see if that is a problem.