You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Several Issues with 1.7.0.367

Hi guys, 

I'm new here. Have been a long time reader though. 

I recently updated to version 1.7 after it came out. Now I am having several issues, which make me want to revert back to v1.6 

First off all I am using Windows 10, 1903. (And the problems existed even before with 1809) 
I use a Razer Blade. (specs: i7-7700HQ, 16GB RAM, SSD, NVidia GeForce GTX 1060)

I am working with a Wacom Intuos most of the time. Which means I actively need pen pressure and gesture controls. And this is also when I have the most issues. 

1. I open up a new file, select my Paint Brush Tool and start drawing, realizing that the force pressure control has been turned off again. Ok, I see, so I turn it on...

2. I then later switch to the stamp, which suddenly also has pen pressure control active, because this seems to be global setting now? The way this is being handled now got changed. Because before with v1.6 I never had to enable or disable the force pressure. It was there for my Paint Brush Tool when I started the Program and it was off when I switched over to the Stamp. I think this was a per tool setting. 

3. Another Issue I have, but I am not sure what causes it, is when I'm actively working on a document and watch a show in Google Chrome (Version 75.0.3770.90 just for your info) and want to pause or switch to the next episode, then go back to affinity photo, I can forget to continue working. Somehow all my brushes act weird. I cant make any curves nor can I see if I have a brush tip at all. using the stamp results in nothing. When I use the Paint Brush Tool it can only make straight lines. This issue only occurs when I am watching a series. (I only tested it with crunchyroll.com though)  

The only fix I can do then is a restart of Affinity Photo, which brings me back to my first issue again. 

So this seems to be like a vicious circle for me. 

Are those really all intended behaviors or did I encounter a few bugs? 

I hope you guys can help me out here, because I really think about reverting back to 1.6. 

(I am missing the old convert format... I now need 4 clicks to switch to another color format. This was way faster with 1.6!) 

• Staff

Hey Syrina, welcome to the Affinity Forums.

As far as I am aware, this hasn't changed from 1.6. Both 1.6 and 1.7 share the Force Pressure setting on the context toolbar. Restarting the app should also remove the Force Pressure button. I've just checked this in 1.6.

As for your 3rd point, I would appreciate it if you could record a video. I have no idea how this would happen. I have Chrome open all day that streams different things such as tutorial videos etc.

I use crunchyroll at home and haven't noticed it before but I don't use a Wacom at home.

Okay so I finally had the time to make a video.

Up to 0:31 everything works fine. Crunchyroll was playing my anime and then I skipped a few seconds (at crunchyroll), because I wanted to skip the song. So I go back to Affinity Photo. And then I can't properly work anymore. I need to close affinity photo and open it up again to continue working. 

I had 1.6.5 installed and tested it. Never had any issues. 

Video: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-En4apewec-ioosf33T6mevoLvpjzuzn

• 5 months later...
  • Staff

We have made fixes/improvements to this area (Wacom Tablet starts drawing straight line after changing focus) of the program in the latest Windows customer beta of Affinity Photo and/or Affinity Designer. If you would like to try these changes the beta software is available in the forum posts listed below. However, you will need to enable Windows INK inside the Wacom Mapping tab. 

The 1.8.0.526 beta builds are in links at the top of these beta forum posts.

Once these programs have been through a full beta process the change will be released in a future free 1.8.0 update/patch to all customers.