You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Possible problems with TOC

I tried out the TOC on the latest Beta 1.7.1.399, I followed the instructions exactly from the Help and also according to the video. It formed the TOC beautifully but afterwards it became difficult to choose a different Separator or even to delete one I had chosen. After I had messed about with it for a while, the whole TOC disappeared from sight, possibly to be wafted into obscurity into another layer by the Assistant. I still don't understand layers properly so possibly it's my fault. Anyway I thought I'd report it.

John

• Staff

Hi jrkay,

I've had a look around this area, and noticed some oddities with right clicking inside the separator field, but can't get the ToC to disappear as you say.

Do you have the document after the ToC had disappeared? Might be able to see what happened

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

• Staff

So the top frame you only just inserted? It does seem to have been converted to regular text instead of still being linked to a ToC, if I insert a new one below it works fine for me.

What steps are you taking after you insert the ToC? It might be worth doing the same again and saving with history and re attaching the file.

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I did this the way that you did.

Yes I opened a text frame,  went to text/table of contents/insert TOC. Then I was trying to be a smart alec and attempted to enter a series of full stops to try to produce a dotted Separator as you can in PagePlus. This then, as I remember, while I was playing around with the number of stops, backspacing some to vary the length of the space between the Entry and the page number that it eventually locked up. 

This time it doesn't seem to have done it, I obviously shouldn't be doing this.

John

TBooklet 0.afpub

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.