tfree

How to disable spell check on Designer

Hi all,

Is there any way to disable spell check on Designer for iPad? I keep getting ugly red lines under my text with no apparent way to remove them. The only workaround is to convert text to curves but then it is uneditable. My iPad spell check is disabled and my Designer language is default.

Many thanks.

Hi,

If you go into Text Studio on right side tool menu and click on burger menu at the top, you can uncheck the ‘Check spelling while typing’.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, Thor's Hammer said:

The method above disables spell check for that session, but it appears again every time I reopen the document. Is there a way to permanently disable it?

I second that request.. it’s very annoying as right now when you deselect spell check some canvas bugs appear.. so I have to live with the red ugliness. A permanent off option or why not have it disabled from start - does anyone really use it? :)

On 6/20/2019 at 1:41 AM, Rytterfalk said:

I second that request.. it’s very annoying as right now when you deselect spell check some canvas bugs appear.. so I have to live with the red ugliness. A permanent off option or why not have it disabled from start - does anyone really use it? :)

I second, second that! We need an option to disable that annoying spellchecker globally otherwise we have to disable it on every session which makes no sense! I don’t know any designer ever using the spellchecker in a design app. Copy is always written separately and corrected before it gets to the designer so it’s definitely not our job to spellcheck and language proof the text.

Check out my awesome Windows 10 Themes!