You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to disable spell check on Designer

Hi all,

Is there any way to disable spell check on Designer for iPad? I keep getting ugly red lines under my text with no apparent way to remove them. The only workaround is to convert text to curves but then it is uneditable. My iPad spell check is disabled and my Designer language is default.

Many thanks.

On 6/18/2019 at 3:32 PM, Thor's Hammer said:

The method above disables spell check for that session, but it appears again every time I reopen the document. Is there a way to permanently disable it?

I second that request.. it’s very annoying as right now when you deselect spell check some canvas bugs appear.. so I have to live with the red ugliness. A permanent off option or why not have it disabled from start - does anyone really use it? :)

• 3 months later...
On 6/20/2019 at 1:41 AM, Rytterfalk said:

I second that request.. it’s very annoying as right now when you deselect spell check some canvas bugs appear.. so I have to live with the red ugliness. A permanent off option or why not have it disabled from start - does anyone really use it? :)

I second, second that! We need an option to disable that annoying spellchecker globally otherwise we have to disable it on every session which makes no sense! I don’t know any designer ever using the spellchecker in a design app. Copy is always written separately and corrected before it gets to the designer so it’s definitely not our job to spellcheck and language proof the text.

Check out my awesome Affinity Creations!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, NevraArts said:

is it now possible?

No change.

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

Please Serif - The software is beautiful and so smooth running on the iPad, but it really screws with the aesthetic experience of opening your document. Just let us have the ability to save the setting as part of default. I will hand over my first born child if you can make this happen EOM may!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 6/16/2019 at 7:05 PM, Sara72 said:

Hi,

If you go into Text Studio on right side tool menu and click on burger menu at the top, you can uncheck the ‘Check spelling while typing’.

I can't find 'Text Studio' on right? I do maps and most place names in foreign countries have a red squiggly line under - looks horrible!

6 minutes ago, Andrew Smithers said:

my Affinity Designer doesn't have that

This thread is about Designer on iPad. In the desktop app the ‘Check Spelling While Typing’ option is on the Spelling submenu of the Text menu.

Affinity Designer Help: Spelling

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)