Sign in to follow this  
AffinityBrah

Sewing Pattern Functionality Request

Hey got a request to speed up pattern making with these functionalities seen in Adobe Illustrator

Video is long, but here are the functionalities that would speed up workflow.

1) 3:52 When a line is selected you can press "Return" and the Move menu Pops Up with fields already highlighted so you can tab through and enter your desired measurement. What I am doing now: clicking on the fields in the Transform field is very inefficient. I believe CAD programs also have this functionality

2) 5:13 Quick Dimensioning with new shapes. When a new shape is made, you can quickly enter dimension of the new shape with a pop up screen. Much better than clicking the Transform box.

3) 9:32 Offset Path (something I already mentioned in different thread), but this pop up offset path is significantly faster than the Affinity workaround.

4) 17:41 Scissor Tool (Cutting Lines of a Closed Shape) - Right nowI have been selecting the node breaking the curve and then deleting the node. The scissor tool in adobe does not require doing all this.

4) 18:08 Measuring Path of Curved Line (Document Info)

I know there are workarounds, but they are just too slow and inefficient. Thanks