You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Thanks Lee for your reply,

Camera is Canon 70D, and I don't use RAW. Before the update it use to show 19 focus points all white in colour, since the update the left hand one on the centre row is green. I don't think it's the camera because when I look at the images on the rear screen it shows where I focussed, and most of my photos are captured in single point, centre. They are  always centre even though photographing air craft sometimes puts my square in a piece of blank sky, but that is me.  I'm baffled. Also if I may bend your ear, I seems to have lost the progression bar after doing a de-noise. Thanks again Lee for your help.

Hi,

I'm seeing strange results on my Mac regarding these AF regions and actual AF points. I am using a Canon 80D and had found that Affinity Photo 1.67 didn't show the active AF point but did show all the AF points without identifying the one(s) that were active when the image was captured. After seeing this post, I tested it on Affinity Photo 1.7 and saw that it showed two green squares in the lower right of center but they're incorrect. I opened the RAW file in Canon's Digital Photo Professional 4.7.20 and it displays the correct AF point. I'll attach the three images here for comparison.

Affinity Photo 1.7 AF regions.png

Affinity Photo 1.67 AF regions.png

DPP 4.7.20 AF regions.png