You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

HDR from a Picture - does not work

Hello, with me the "HDR from a picture" does not work, despite multiple exactly as in the instructional video (tutorial) made procedure. Development Assistant is set to 32bit HDR, but the RAW image (RW2 of FZ1000) does not allow it to be active in Studio HDR. But it is displayed as a field. Profile was also set to ROMM-RGB.
What can be the mistake here?  My System is WIN 10.
Thanks for your help.
Dieter

Maybe move to error.

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

• Staff

After changing the Develop Assistant to 32 Bit HDR, opening your RAW file and Developing you are left in the Photo Persona. In the video the 32 Bit preview panel is shown, however if you don't have an EDR monitor this isn't needed. Now switch to the Tone Mapping Persona, is this where you can't see your image? I've done a quick test with a RAW file from a Lumix FZ 1000 and didn't have any issues. Can you provide a screenshot of what you see instead?

• 2 weeks later...

Following as I have the same issue of the HDR option not being available.  I am double checking about my screen's HDR capability but for Win 8.1 users there doesn't seem to be an answer to this.  I did see the possible solution for win 10.  Can Affinity please clarify why this option would not show and how to turn this option on if you have an HDR screen for different operating systems?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @affwin,

As explained in the video and as @Lee D also mentioned ..

The 32 Bit preview panel is only useful if you have a High Dynamic Range (HDR) or Extended Dynamic Range ( EDR) compatible display !!
If that isn't the case,  "Enable HDR" is disabled (grayed out).

So once you're back in Photo Persona click the Tonemapping Persona option
(3:36 in the video timeline) to map back all the outbound values back into standard dynamic range.

Hubert

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB